I Fancy  You (Shop)

I Fancy You (Shop)

Review of "I Fancy You (Shop)"

published 29/10/2010 | mematedave81
Member since : 22/06/2010
Pro Great range, great price, really great staff!
Cons It might only be open for 6 months
Frequency of visit
Layout & presentation
Selection & range
Availability

"London finally has the fancy dress shop it deserves!"

I Fancy  You staff

I Fancy You staff

I stumbled across I Fancy You whilst shopping in Shoreditch this week. After talking to the staff and also knowing the area and the type of shops that are here, the original intention of the shop was to open as a "Pop Up" which basically means that it would be open for a short while, at a key time. Halloween of course!

Judging by how busy the shop was and after chatting with the staff, they've decided to keep it open for 6 months. London’s gain as there is a real, dearth of decent fancy dress shops places like this.

The first thing I was struck by was the choice on offer. Now I'm not a regular "fancy dresser" or even a cross dresser, but I think we'd all agree that over the course of a year you're invited to at least a couple that require some sort of outfit or at the very least accessories. It’s very difficult buying online for sizes etc and also me being based in London, its actually very hard to find a decent place with a wide range (there’s one shop in the west-end and one in south london - for 7m people!!). The problem with these shops is they’re expensive and, in mu opinion, do not offer a great selection of variety.

I Fancy You covers all this. Its right in the heart of east-London “cool” suburb of Shoreditch and is very easy to get to via tube, bus or over ground. The area is great too so it’s really not chore even you're south of the river or live West to come over.

I think there’s two great things you need from fancy dress.

One; selection and Two; helpful (and entertaining) staff. I Fancy You covers both basis. There are the obvious choice of outfits ranging from Halloween outfits (witches, beetle juice, axe murders, Sharon Osbourne...) to Austin Powers to Disney characters to sailors, mermaids, Elvis to spacemen. There was literally something for everyone. What really made the experience superb was the staff. Jennifer and Lucy were pure gold in entertainment and not pushy at all. They actually advised me on an outfit at half the price. It was really good fun and not the nightmare that I expected it to be. I also looked amazing (you be the judge haha).

Price wise, exactly what you expect to pay. My whole outfit was less than £40 and it was good enough quality to wear again. They make a lot of the outfits themselves too so you can also get some very original stuff that you just won’t find anywhere else. Well worth a look at even if you think you already know what you want to buy.

All in all, it was the one of the best retail experiences I have had in a long time, it was fun, I got what I wanted and it was good value. What more can you ask for?

Get involved people.

• vampiresthirst published 29/10/2010
    Great review
  • dynamicnurse published 29/10/2010
    Nice work, well written.
  • FORCE6 published 29/10/2010
    A very interesting review - good job!

Product Information : I Fancy You (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 28/10/2010