I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas (Single)

I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas (Single)

Single Track from Black Eyed Peas - Genre: Hip Hop/Rap - Release Year: 2008

Review of "I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas (Single)"

published 08/09/2010 | Thehonesttruth
Member since : 26/05/2004
Ciao Confessions - Every review of mine with an overall E rating, I've written whilst drunk and don't remember writing in the morning. Is that good or bad?
Pro Easy to sing along to and dance to
Cons Lyrics are simple and repetitive
Originality
Quality of Lyrics/Music
How does it compare to the artist's other releases?

"I gotta feeling, I'm not the only one who likes this"

There are good songs, great songs, and then there are songs that make themselves part of the soundtrack to your life . I gotta feeling, by the Black Eyed Peas, is one of those songs for me . And with this being the most downloaded song ever on Itunes, I'm clearly not the only one to think so .

Black Eyed Peas have been around for a good few years now, and they've certainly come a long way since their first worldwide hit 'Where is the love' released way back in 2003. heir styles have changes drastically too - starting off with catchy pop lyrics, then throwing in a bit of hip hop, soul, rap, and electronic jiggery pokery. 'I gotta feeling' however is a simple song that does what Black Eyed Peas do best - a catchy sing-a-longable tune with a pounding bassline and some great vocals .

Lyrically, it has a very simple theme - getting ready for a good night out, with the phrase 'Tonights going to be a good night' repeated often throughout the song. In fact, this repeats 12 times at the beginning of the song before any other lyrics kick in, and 24 times in total throughout the song. With many other artists, this kind of repetetiveness would be the equivalent of singing LALALALALALA for a couple of minutes rather than going to the neccessary effort of actually writing some lyrics, but for some reason the BEP manage to make it work, I suspect because of the use of a catchy sample from producer David Guettas 'Love is Gone'.

'Tonights gonna be a good night' is not the entirety of the lyrics , however, although to all intents and purposes thats the key meaning of the song. Lyrics like ' I know that we'll have a ball, If we get down and go out and just lose it all, I feel stressed out, I wanna let it go, Let's go way out spaced out and losing all control ' reinforce that this song is simply the precursor to an amazing evening out on the town .

It also helps that the bassline is very simple, requiring dancing to this song to be nothing more complicated than bouncing up and down on the spot in time to the rhythm, occasionally pointing a finger jauntily into the air.

The Black Eye Peas Will.i.am said : "This song is dedicated to everyone who is getting ready to go out. It's the song to listen to when you drive to the club or party. It's the song to listen to after a long day or week at work. It's the song to that makes me wanna throw my stress away..."

It works for me, and my friends . This is the song to have on while we put on our makeup, straighten our hair, and get ready for a night on the tiles . It's catchy, bouncy, with easy to remember lyrics - perfect to sing along to. Sure, it's repetitive in parts, and the lyrics are not the most complicated, but it's a good fun tune to listen to to get you in the mood for a night out . 5 stars .

• MrBrightside1987 published 10/09/2010
    I used to like this song but I listened to it way too many times and now I dislike it but your review on it is really good :) x
  • paulpry118 published 09/09/2010
    Don't know this one
  • chocoholic published 09/09/2010
    It is a fab tune to play while getting ready for clubbing!