Review of "Iams"

Variety of flavours
Tooth kind?
Nutritional Value

"Caviar For Kittys!!"

Just to give you a little background information, I have two cats Jasper and Tinker. They came into my possession when they were 14 weeks old, they had been abandoned and were very sick. They both had cat flu, ulcers on their tongues, worms, fleas and just about any other disease known to the feline world. Our first trip to the vets was incredibly expensive but I have never looked back, they are a massive part of my life and don't now what I would do without them. They are now 4 years old and two of the most spoilt animals known to man.

I have made a rod for my own back by regularly feeding them fresh chicken, prawns, smoked salmon, cod etc and so they have become fussy eaters. Although I have always fed them dry cat food in the mornings and up until now I have been using Vital Balance. Although they do eat it, I decided to change their food as I wouldn't want to eat the same thing everyday. This is when I discovered Iams Dry Cat Food.

Packaging
~~~~~~~~~

The bright orange bags make this product stand out on the shelves. It has the brand name Iams written in white across the top of the bag and then the particular flavour on the bottom of the bag with a picture of a cat in the middle. It details all of the nutrients and vitamins contained within the product and came in various sizes from 300g to 3k.

Price
~~~~~

It is more expensive than any other dry food in the Supermarkets. As I mentioned, I have been using Vital Balance which is £5.00 for a 3k bag where as Iams is £4.99 for a 1k bag. There are some much cheaper brands of dry food like Whiskers and Felix which is about £1.00 - £2.00 for a box. I decided to try Iams though because it was on special offer at half the normal price. The only thing is that it lasts a long time as you only need a little bit for one meal. The manufacturers state that it only costs 15p per meal per cat but I am not convinced, someone must have very thin cats!!

Smell
~~~~~

Being as I am not a cat, I can't really comment on the taste but I can comment on the smell and I won't beat around the bush - it totally stinks!! Iam guessing though that is smells heavenly for cats.

I can only speak as I find and my two babies love it!! Is is nutrious, good for their teeth and coats and they eat it all so I am not wasting any. For anyone who cares for their pets, they should definitely give it a go and see what their pets think. If my two fussy animals eat and enjoy it - I am sure that any cats would love it!

• red_lili published 22/10/2003
    My kitty loves whiskas ands thats it, she won't eat anything else....oh other than tuna of course!Lisa xx
  • herby30 published 22/10/2003
    One of my cats gets sick after eating Iams, so it's not for my household, thanks Heather:)
  • thingywhatsit published 20/10/2003