TheFallou... 5

TheFalloutDude

Member since:02.09.2011

The iDect Phone... In Review

03.09.2011

Advantages:
Intercom mode; Build in alarm; Economic value for money

Disadvantages:
The battery display has little to no accuracy;

Reception & Clarity of speech

Range of features

Reliability

Range of receptionExcellent

What is the durability of this product?Excellent

6 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. TheHairyGodmother
  2. pumfster
  3. thedevilinme
  1. Thehonesttruth
  2. eve6kicksass
  3. rosebud2001

Pure and simply in my opinion this is an economy phone, but in all honesty that is all I need. In the age of mobile phones landlines/house phones are quickly becoming antiquated things of the past, but there is still a need for them.
My criteria for selecting a house phone wasn't a vast list of technical specifications, I wanted a multi-pack of cordless phones and that is exactly what I got.

All in all you get handsets and base units. Your master base unit needs to be plugged into your landline socket, via the supplied cable with RJ11 jack (your phone line thing), you also need an AC power supply (a plug) for the overly sized power pack plug combination.

Once your master base unit is plugged in you can assign a handset to it and then set up the rest of the base station units.

Your secondary units only need a power supply and do not require a secondary phone port as they are networked to your master unit.

The phones themselves came supplied with two rechargeable AAA batteries each, once the batteries were in you just have to assign them to a base unit. The base unit serves as a recharging dock/cradle for its designated handset. The phone charges through two metal contacts on the base of the handset.

The handset itself is a fairly good design, I wouldn't say it was sleek but there has certainly been some thought about ergonomics in the design.

On the handset is a small monochrome display screen, as well as a central directional arrow key, around it are four function keys (including the dial and end call buttons) and beneath that are your traditional numeric soft keys including hash and star, a recall button, a volume key and an address book quick access button.

Function/feature wise the phone boasts an address book I believe it has the capacity for 20... There is a handy alarm which you can configure with or without the option of a snooze. You can also view a recent call list, I assume 20 is its capacity also.

A quick feature to make note of is the internal intercom mode, you can call another handset within your micro-network (free of charge) if like me you are too lazy to go into another room and speak to someone, it also has a cut off mode, so if an incoming external call is coming through, the intercom cuts off and allows the incoming call to do its business. You can also make us of the loudspeaker mode, and in call volume adjuster if you wish to do so.

In whole its a bargain phone, I have had mine for around two years now and they have served me well, one of my few criticisms is the battery indicator, its sporadic at best, even after a full charge it can say it is running on empty and then last for days on end before giving up.

Add the first comment!

2. pumfster
  3. thedevilinme

Idect Idect X3I

Idect Idect X3I

with Hands Free - with Caller ID - with Loudspeakers - without SMS Function, with SMS Function

Buy Now

Idect Idect X1

Idect Idect X1

without Hands Free, with Hands Free - with Caller ID - without Loudspeakers, with Loudspeakers - without SMS Function

Buy Now