Ikea Kitchen Systems
17 reviews from the community
Review of "Ikea Kitchen Systems"
.Where do I start. We started trying to buy a kitchen including worktop from Ikea Milton Keynes in June 2009. It's now January 2010 and we have a kitchen but no worktop, and we have just cancelled out worktop order with them. While we are very impressed with the quality of the kitchen and ease of install (we installed it ourselves), their processes are not fit for purpose. There have been a catalogue of errors throughout the whole process such as:- Not being able to recall the kitchen design because the systems were down.
- Not being able to put an order through the system.
- Not being able to order the kitchen and the worktop at the same time, because the worktop was custom-made and couldn't be measured for until the the kitchen had been installed, so we had to make two separate orders and two separate credit agreements.
- Taking 4-6 weeks to refund money for unused items because they could not find the order on their system and me having to email them numerous times to get the refund put through.
- Incorrectly measuring for a worktop and then having to come out again.
- Taking three hours to put the worktop order through the system and then a week later being rung up and told "you owe us an extra £200" because you haven't paid for the upstands even though we confirmed they were in the original quote and then not offering a compromise for their incompetence.
I think we ended up doing about 9 trips to the Milton Keynes Ikea store, each of which was about a 50 mile round trip!So to cut a long story short, the product is excellent and very good value, but Ikea's processes and customer service leaves a let to be desired, hence only 1 star! We will never buy a kitchen from them again, and would not be recommending it to anyone.
Product Information : Ikea Kitchen Systems
Manufacturer's product descriptionKitchen Company
Type: Kitchen Company
Listed on Ciao since: 20/10/2005