Ikea Lack Coffee Table In White

Ikea Lack Coffee Table In White

Coffee Table - Shape: Rectangular

Review of "Ikea Lack Coffee Table In White"

published 22/04/2012 | michelley26
Member since : 11/11/2009
Pro good quality for the low price
Cons looks typical Ikea!
Style & Appearance
Ease of Assembly

"Lacks for nothing"

We've lived all over, we tend to move with my husbands job. Occasionally we've rented rather than buying as we've known we wouldn't be there for too long. The last place we rented was unfurnished, I always insist on unfurnished as I don't want to sit on a sofa that you don't know what's been on there and I certainly don't want to sleep in a bed where loads of other people have slept, yuck!!
When furnishing a short term rental I always drag my husband to Ikea and we buy everything we need relatively cheaply. The Lack coffee tables were one of the things that I furnished our last short term rental with. They are cheap, functional, and I also bought other items in matching colours so they didn't look too bad at all.

The Lack coffee table is available in 4 colours; birch effect, black brown, and oak effect - all priced at £22.99 each, and white priced at £19.99. We bought the oak effect coffee table for the living room. And we also bought the white coffee table, along with 2 white Lack side tables which we used as bedside tables for the bedroom.
The Lack coffee table measures 118cm by 78cm, and it stands 45cm tall. So it isn't too big, but it's certainly big enough to serve as a more than usable coffee table. It even has a seperate shelf underneath, which is handy to store magazines or remote controls and things, and so you can keep things organised and keep the table top clear.

These were easy enough to assemble and if memory serves me correctly took my husband around 10-15 minutes each. I do remember that initially you twist the 4 double ended screws into the 4 corners of the base of the top of the table, and then you twist the 4 legs onto the opposite ends of the screws, just like the Lack side table assembly, I think I stopped watching at that point, haha! The shelf underneath was suspended on little metal catches, so I guess that you would just screw these into the legs and then sit the shelf on top.

The coffee tables are really lightweight and easy enough to move around the room to postion where ever you may need them. We used the oak effect table in the living room as a coffee table, and we used the white coffee table in the bedroom as a tv stand. I think that it worked quite well as a tv stand, we used to stash remote controIs and books and magazines on the shelf underneath. Considering the low price they are very good quality and when we moved out (after a year) we gave the coffee tables away to friends and they still actually looked as good as new.

I have to say that the white Lack coffee table looked 'cheaper' than the oak effect, however once paired with the 2 Lack side tables as bedside tables I didn't think that it looked too bad at all.

I would certainly reccomend these to anyone, and I would certainly buy more to furnish our next rental (when the time comes!)