Ikea Len Fitted Sheet

Ikea Len Fitted Sheet

Fitted sheet Features: Elastic keeps the sheet stretched smooth around the mattress. Machine wash 60°C.

Review of "Ikea Len Fitted Sheet"

published 25/01/2012 | Spottydog11
Member since : 07/09/2007
Reviews : 1977
Pro Good price, good quality
Cons None
Choice of co-ordinates
Ease of cleaning

"Ikea fitted sheet"

A trip to Ikea is always fun, well fun for some of us. My husband hates the place as he says there is always a queue to park, its too crowded with people just wandering around aimlessly and its full of rubbish. I love the place as I think most of the products are fairly well made, ok some of the furniture is not the highest quality but it serves a purpose, its well priced and there is usually something you are looking for to answer your needs. Also, I think you can find some really interesting, different products at some really cheap prices.

One of the things that Ikea is great for is basics. For example, if you want basic glass vases, basic dinner plates, basic cutlery etc and things like that Ikea is great. Knowing this that is why I recently decided to buy some bedsheets from Ikea as I knew they would be of fairly good quality and very cheap. The sheets are found were the Ikea Len Fitted sheet. We have a spare room and always need spare sheets as we have a lot of friends and family to stay at the weekend and it was getting a bit difficult having to wash sheets in between each visit as we only had one spare sheet and sometimes we had different people to stay three days in a row so I decided to buy a whole pile of sheets to have lots of spares.

We firstly looked in Debenhams but their fitted sheets were between £15 to £20 and when you want to buy 5 or so it gets quite expensive. THese fitted sheets from Ikea only cost £6.99 each so they are definitely a good bargain. They are quite thin and probably a bit thinner than a better quality sheet such as a Debenhams sheet but in terms of price you cannot go wrong. Even though they are thin they are good quality and they fit the purpose for which they are made. WE have used a couple now and they fit on our spare bed nicely. The sheet is elasticated at each end so it hugs the mattress well and so far talking to our guests they have not shifted or moved in the night and have stayed on the mattress well. The material is 100% cotton so they are quite nice to lie on and are not scratchy and they have not irritated any of our guests either which is nice. We bought just the white coloured sheets as these were the most compatible with our bedroom colours and bedding colours but you may be able to get them in other colours, I'm not entirely sure.

Each sheet came in a plastic wrapping and they were wrapped separately so you have to buy them one at a time. The measurements of the sheet are Length: 160 cm and Width: 70 cm. The care instructions are given as, "Do not bleach, Tumble dry, normal, Iron, high temperature, Do not dry-clean and there is a Shrinkage of 5% although I have washed a few of these now and they still fit well so all in all I am pleased with my bargain purchases.

• Coloneljohn published 09/02/2012
    These sound a bargain. John
  • chilcott1 published 25/01/2012
    We have these too and I quite like them
  • Spottydog11 published 25/01/2012
    Hi, it says in the review they are £6.99 each, it also says in the review that they are fitted as they have elastic on each corner. I don't iron them as I hate to iron things like this so they are a bit crinkly but it comes out after a while x