Ikea Smila Blomma Children Pink Flower Lamp

Ikea Smila Blomma Children Pink Flower Lamp

Type: Wall Light - Novelty Lamp

Review of "Ikea Smila Blomma Children Pink Flower Lamp"

published 13/04/2012 | wazza115
Member since : 31/03/2012
Happy Easter everyone, still catching up on my rates :)
Pro Very pretty, easy to install.
Cons None

"Pretty Pink Wall Light"

*My intro*:

Last year, we decided to move Lauren into the bigger spare room from the box room. I decided on a pink theme and wanted a little bedside table light for when it was story time at night.

On one of my many trips to Ikea, I spotted the Smila Blomma pink flower shaped wall light.

*Price and Availability:*

The price is currently £5.79 and it available to order both online and instore, you can also check stock levels on Ikea’s website of your local store but when I brought mine, there was loads of these in stock.

*The product:*

The light is in the shape of a flower and is really pretty to look at, the wire is green to give it the effect of being the stem.

The flower itself measures about 7.5cm deep and 34cm across.

You can user energy saving light bulbs in the product, although I am a big fan of Ikea, I didn’t buy my bulbs from here as I find them a little expensive, I tend to buy them from Wilko’s.

*The Range*:

Also in the range is a blue star, yellow ladybird and a red heart.

*Installation*:

Installation was really easy, just remove the outer packaging, pop a bulb in and plug in. It was really easy to attach to the wall, the flower has a small hole on the back similar to that on a photo frame or picture, so I just put a small nail into the wall and hung it up.

I have accidentally knocked it a couple of times and it has never fallen down.

*My opinion:*

I am really pleased with the product, it looks beautiful on Laurens wall next to her bed.

On the cord, there is a simple on/off switch which makes it easy for her to operate should she need to go to the toilet in the nights.

Another good advantage I found was that the cord was 2.5 meters long, her bed wasn’t particularly near a plug socket yet with this long cable, there was no need for an extension lead.

Because the plastic is pink, when turned on it gives a nice warm glow to the room, light enough to still be able to read a bedtime story yet not too bright to keep you awake should it get left on by accident.

I would recommend this product to anyone and would give it 5 out of 5 stars.

Thanks for reading.

Review may be on other sites under the same user name.