Ikea Steka Frying Pan

Ikea Steka Frying Pan

Cookware - Frying Pan

Review of "Ikea Steka Frying Pan"

published 15/02/2012 | michelley26
Member since : 11/11/2009
Pro cheap
Cons not always non stick

"Cheap and chearful, but some foods stick"

I bought two of these Ikea Steka frying pans as short term stop gap frying pans. All of our stuff was in storage between moves and I needed some cheap basics to tide us over, pans and frying pans being some of those basics.

This is an absolute bargain at just £1.49, hence why I ended up buying two, I'd have just managed in the short term with one otherwise.
The frying pan is handwash only, but than again so are the majority of frying pans anyway. And it is suitable for use on any hob; gas, glass ceramic, or cast iron.

It is quite a lightweight frying pan, making it really easy to use and handle, even when full.
It does have a non stick coating, ok it's not the best non stick coating in the world, but what do you expect for just £1.49. I have found that occasionally some foods do stick; pancakes and french toast in particular do seem to stick - ordinarilly I wouldn't use any extra fat with both of these, but in the Steka frying pan I have to. On the whole though, for the vast majority of foods it is non stick.
It is quite a substantial size, it is 24cm in diameter, and it is 4cm deep.
The outside of the frying pan is a dark navy colour. It has a long black plastic handle, which is shaped to be very comfortable to handle, and which has a hole on the end to hang the frying pan from a pan rack if you wanted to.

Overall I was really impressed with these frying pans, especially when you consider the low price we paid for them. I would certainly reccomend them to anyone on a budget. I don't think they they would last as long as a more expensive frying pan, but I guess that doesn't really matter too much if they are just £1.49 to replace anyway.

• donf18 published 15/02/2012