Ikea [TV Advertisement]

Ikea [TV Advertisement]

Review of "Ikea [TV Advertisement]"

published 11/07/2000 | philltowns
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Cheap, easy to transport, furtniture ready to take
Cons Long queues, have to assemble furniture, awful instructions
not rated
Style
Clarity of message & brand identity
Quality of Concept

"Stop Being So English"

Having wacthed and heard some of the hilarious adverts in the media for IKEA, I decided to take a trip down to my nearest store. It was Brent Park - the biggest store in the country, apparently. I was amazed by just how massive the store looked form the outside, and this was further emphasised when I started to walk around the showrooms. The showrooms were excellently set out with service desks strategically dotted around the place. Staff were ready and willing to help, although I did go at the weekend, so there was a queue of at least four or five people at each showroom desk. Having taken the details down from the items on display of where I would find them in the warehouse, I made the trip downstairs and around the 'Marketplace', which is where the keep all the small bits of stock. There were many great bargains although the area did get a bit congested with trolleys trying to move in just about every direction. After that it was onto the warehouse, where I loaded up my flat-packed bookcases and headed for checkouts.

Once I was outside, I had to leave my trolley with a member of staff while I collected my car, as the trolleys don't go any further than just outside the exit. After a quick hand to load the boxes into my boot, I headed home to face the daunting task of constructing my furniture. The instructions might as well have been in Japanese (in fact, they probably were!) although once built, the items looked fabulous. All in all, the money saved was well worth having to transport home and construct the bookcases myself and I now always use IKEA for my home furnishing needs!

Product Information : Ikea [TV Advertisement]