Review of "Imperial Leather Refreshing Shower Gel"

published 18/09/2017 | Mickie26
Member since : 11/01/2003
I have decided to come back and start writing again.
Pro It smells great, it is gentle on the body, creates a thick lather
Cons The cap is not very good
Does it smell good?

"Looking And Smelling Good Imperial Leather Refreshing Shower Gel"

I know there are mixed reviews on Imperial Leather, but I've always liked their products. At one time, there were only a few products that this brand manufactured, but now they have a wide selection. I used to see Imperial Leather as a brand that manufactured soap mainly for men, but they seem to have changed their brand now and include a lot more products. I never used to like the brand Imperial Leather and saw them as a cheap, men's only, soap brand. However, over the years they have added more products to their collection and got more creative. I love some of the products, especially the banana, marshmallow and Imperial Leather refreshing shower gel.

I have tried several shower gels from Imperial Leather now and this is one of the ones I've tried. The Begamot and Thyme shower gel is a really refreshing scent and smells delicious. Make yourself feel nice and refreshed with Bergamot and Thyme blend of shower gel. It is an exceptionally nice treat that I use when I have a bath and I feel very relaxed after using it.

Imperial Leather is skin friendly and suitable for the entire family. All of Imperial Leather brands have been dermatologically tested so that they are safe enough for your skin. The special luxury formula is what makes Imperial Leather later so rich, creamy and thick. The good thing is that you only need to use a little bit because it goes a long way.

I always enjoy having a bath with Imperial Leather because it goes onto your skin so well and smoothly. It also moisturizes your skin exceptionally well and makes it soft. There are usually special promotions on for Imperial Leather so it is worth taking a look around. The bottle stands out too because green is a nice shade. Also it was good to see that this product had been made in England.

The actual appearance of the bottle looks good. The brand makers have gone for a subtle S shape, which makes the bottle stand out and have a beautiful curvaceous design without being in your face, looking silly or over showy. With the green colour of the product, the Imperial Leather logo and price are in a red and white colour that goes together nicely and makes it stand out.

The back of the bottle has a label that tells you the product is mild and soap free. This is good because many people find that soap makes them itch. I am one of those people who finds that soap makes me itch and dry's my skin out. However, I have found that Freshen Up gel is gentle on my skin and I can use it every day, without any problems.

There was no information on the bottle to say if the company believes in animal testing or not. However, I have researched it and according to 'Facebook' they do not test on animals.

The cap of the bottle is not great and is quite flimsy. It is manufactured from translucent green plastic and although it is simple to use, it also feels like it is very fragile and could break if you are not careful with it. The nozzle is a good size, yet the holes are very small and it can take a long time to get the right amount of the gel out.

The consistency of the gel is a lot more runny than I would have liked and if you turn the bottle upside down, the stuff is likely to run all over the place. The bergamot and thyme really blend nicely together and give a pleasant, herbal scent that is quite subtle. I don't feel it is as relaxing for your muscles as Radox is, but it is refreshing.

The shower gel is combined with a delicate fragrance. It does make my skin feel soft after I have used it. It also leaves a gentle smell to your body once you have used it. It is quite difficult to find in local stores. Stores like Tesco, Superdrug, Sainsbury's and Asda usually stock this shower gel. If you use a body puff, you will find it is much better and gives a thicker lather. It smells really good and even better using a body puff. Value for money is very reasonable, as it is with all Imperial Leather products.

• euphie published 30/09/2017