Review of "Indesit CAA55K Fridge Freezer"

published 11/07/2014 | wazza115
Member since : 31/03/2012
Happy Easter everyone, still catching up on my rates :)
Pro Good price, decent size, easy to clean, very quiet
Cons None
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Indesit Fridge Freezer"

Indesit CAA55K Fridge Freezer

Indesit CAA55K Fridge Freezer

When we first move in together, my partner and I were lucky to receive a fridge and freezer from my in-laws as a gift, we had separate ones as at the time, there was nowhere in our house where we could fit a fridge freezer. Last year, my freezer started freezing on the outside and although there was nothing wrong with the fridge, we decided to invest in a freestanding fridge freezer. (What I didn’t want to do was just replace the freezer and then within a couple of months, have to replace the fridge and to be honest, I was sick of bending down every time I wanted something out of the fridge).

Price & availability

I purchased this from Tesco Direct last year at a price of £249.99, this included free delivery. Having a look online, I can see that this is also available in black and silver and prices can go up to as much as £300 so it is worth having a look around.
The fridge freezer

One of the first things I noticed when I first started looking at these was the huge price range and the difference in specification; in fact, it was a bit daunting so in the end I left the decision up to my other half.

The fridge freezer measures approximately 54cm wide, 58cm deep and 174cm tall, whilst the height and width are fine, I would say that the depth is a little on the small side. In my old fridge, I could lie a 2litre bottle of pop on she shelves easily however if I do this in this fridge, I cannot close the fridge door. Although this doesn’t cause too much of a problem, you can guarantee when I need to put a bottle in the fridge, the door is full of things that cannot be put on their sides.

I find that the noise is almost none existent, even with the door open, I wouldn’t know that the fridge was there. Occasionally, there is a loud click that comes from the direction of the fridge freezer but my other half tells me that this is to do with the auto defrost kicking in.
Technical information

Energy rating – A+
Annual Energy Consumption – 268kWh
Noise level – 49dB
Storage capacity of fridge – 150litres
Storage capacity of freezer – 84litres
The fridge

The fridge has three glass shelves inside, all of which are adjustable and with the bottom one having two salad boxes underneath which are really quite deep and can hold a decent sized iceberg lettuce easily. On the inside of the door is a large tray which can comfortably hold a couple of 4pint bottles of milk (sideways) and still has a bit of room for one of two smaller bottles (mine is normally filled with wine). Above the tray are two smaller shelves which are great for holding things such as jars, butter and eggs (you do get a little removable egg holder included).

You can set the temperature of the fridge by turning a little dial which is situated just under the light in the top right hand corner of the fridge. I still haven’t worked out what is colder, 1 or 6 so I tend to set mine at 3.
The freezer

The freezer is made up of four trays, the top three are quite deep and the bottom one is a little shallower. The drawers slide in and out easily as there is a built in auto defrost setting which means that the freezer stays frost and ice free.

What I do like about the freezer is that should there be a power failure; the freezer will keep the food for around 13hours which I think is really good. I used to work in insurance claims and the number of claims I used to manage for food replacement due to a power failure was unreal.
Maintenance

I must admit that I haven’t cleaned my freezer out much since I have had it, what I will say is that on the times I have, it was cleaned within a few minutes. Because the freezer stays ice free, I can give it a quick wipe out with a damp cloth and the insides look nice and clean. The same goes really for the fridge, a quick wipe and it’s done.
Overall

Although I mentioned earlier that this was a little smaller than I was used to, with the exception of not being as deep as I would have liked, the fridge freezer has performed really well. My food is constantly kept fresh, cool or frozen and I haven’t experienced any problems with it. For these reasons, I would recommend and this gets 5 out of 5 stars from me.

Thanks for reading.

Technical information obtained from my instruction manual.

This review was read 1916 times and was rated at

• sirodar published 11/06/2015
    Excellent review :-)
  • IzzyS published 03/09/2014
    Good review.
  • RICHADA published 28/07/2014
    Good to hear that it is so quiet - ours is amazingly noisy, good job that it is in the utility room rather than the kitchen. R.

offers "Indesit CAA55K Fridge Freezer"