Indesit IDV 65 S

Indesit IDV 65 S

Freestanding - Front Loading - Max load:6, 7 kg - Timer Control - Efficiency Class: C - Width: 59.5 cm

Review of "Indesit IDV 65 S"

published 04/12/2009 | minkypolly
Member since : 21/10/2009
Pro cheap, effective, nice design
Cons a bit noisy
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Bargain Tumble Dryer - Highly Recommended"

My mother always trained me to believe that you should only ever hang washing out where nobody can see it. That's all very well for her, as she has a farm, but most people don't have the luxury of a forty acre exclusion zone around their washing line.

I have, therefore, always made space in my life (and with more difficulty, my kitchen) for a tumble drier - the convenience of being able to turn a whole load of washing around in a few hours seems to me well worth paying for.

I bought the Indesit from Tesco a couple of months ago. It smelt of burning when we switched it on, and made a noise like a concrete mixer. We phoned Tesco immediately, but were told to call Indesit as the product was under warranty. A bit rude when it had just been delivered, broken, from a Tesco lorry.

Indesit were great when we phoned them, and apologised immediately that we had been supplied a faulty product. They arranged collection of our dryer simultaneously with delivery of a new one, and our new, working dryer was with us within 48 hours.

Sometimes when you buy pretty much the cheapest one of something on the market, you imagine that there will be some form of compromise in terms of quality, efficiency, or at least customer service. This is not the case with Indesit - they dealt with our dodgy dryer so efficiently and cheerfully it put Tesco to shame! The dryer is not the most stylish, but it's good-looking enough, and it dries 5kg of wet jeans in about 40 minutes, which I think is impressive.

The one drawback of the dryer is the noise, which is not unbearable, but certainly would annoy you if, for example, you had a kitchen/ living room. If you have a seperate utility area or you're prepared to suffer the drone, this is very good value for money.