Indesit WD 12 X

Indesit WD 12 X

Integrated, Freestanding - Front Loading - Energy Efficiency: B - Max Capacity: 5, 5.5 kg - Width: 60, 59.5 cm

Review of "Indesit WD 12 X"

published 31/08/2007 | roxanne_m7699
Member since : 05/10/2006
Pro does the job
Cons likes to shout about it
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"It's a part of my family - mood swings and all."

Indesit WD12 - Washer dryer.

"A programme for all seasons" as per the manual however to be honest I only ever use the one setting. Number 4. All year round.

Functions

Normal wash
The machine has three fabric settings each with a variety of options which is dictated by how soiled your laundry is, from light to heavily, and this changes the length of the cycle and the different functions that is involved during, eg wash cycle at 40c, rinse cycles, intermediate and final spin cycles.

Dryer
The dryer function if used at the same time as a wash will have the temperature set at the same level as your normal wash - unless intercepted and changed mid cycle. If you have only set the dyer on then the temperature ranges from 30 to 90, you can set it from 30 to 150 minuite spinsand then has three additional options of ironing board, washing line or sun dried.

Other options
Two spin speeds, economy wash and anti crease.

Since buying this machine I have not had one problem with it, I am known to do 1-2 washes per day every day and it hasn't yet suffered any problems "touch wood". I purchased the silver version in keeping with my "white" goods colour scheme in my kitchen.
As mentioned above dispite having over 10 options of spin cylces I seem to always go for option 4 which lasts around 95 minutes. Occasionally I do opt for cycle 8 which is supposedly an everyday wash that is completed in half an hour.
I've never had any fault using the quick wash and it serves its purpose when you get the "I haven't got any clothes" even though I ironed half the wardrobe this morning yell. So long as they dont mind wearing wet clothes.
As for the tumble dry option I rarly use this as I'm sure it eats electricity, I only use this option when I have a load of towels in the wash, which makes them come out lovely and soft (usually like drying yourself on sandpaper if I dont - cue to buy new towles).

I havent had any use for the anti crease or economy buttons - although I pressed them I didnt notice any difference.

Only a few dislikes really.
When it gets going, it really is trying to be a plane and take off, it doesnt try to race across the kitchen to meet the fridge as such just likes to remind me that its there and to turn up the telly so it can hear it come the quite spin.
The dryness of the clothes when they come out depends on how thirsty the machine is Im sure. Sometimes they come out not dripping but wet enough for them to have to sit on the line for longer than my liking; other times it comes out near enough dry. No, I didnt have the tumble dryer on, all settings remained the same I assure you.
I personally have no idea how long I would have to tumble dry any given fabric for, so having so much choice for time lengths becomes redundant as I dont want to scorch my clothes, the manual left me non the wiser.
I cant fit my duvet in it, not that I could any other machine - I really just didnt want to go to the launderette.
The fabric conditioner section doesnt seem to drain away at the moment - although I did catch my other half putting soap power in all three sections, so that may well have been him.

In conclusion, I have found this indesit to be a long serving slave to my clothes, never let me down, leaked or blown up. It is relatively quick and not too noisy. Fits nicely under my work top and has the two colour options most go for. It doesnt have any sort of annoying beep to indicate its finished just winks at you with a lovely red eye until you turn him off.

• torr published 31/08/2007