Advantages Big names, wins at home, fan support
Disadvantages loses away matches, bad team selection, politics, undeserving players, too much ads and cash
Almost everything in this world may come to an end, but there is one thing which does not have solution. This thing is called the Indian cricket team. As cricket is still a religion in India, the cricketers should be Gods, but the question is - why does the Gods always make mistakes! Forget the mistakes, as we have the source of all problems in something called Board of Cricket Control in India or BCCI. They seems to be trying to prove their points in the worst manner. Even if the sky falls on their heads, they may not learn from their mistakes.These days, they should have been concerned about India's early exit from the World Cup, but they always have their political interests to give more attention. They have proved that having politicians in anything related to sports won't lead to any progress. Their decision-making power is evident from everything they say in the news channels and keep on correcting these on the very next day. As the World Cup ended, the wanted to put the blame on some one, and they dropped Sachin Tendulkar. They also dropped Saurav Ganguly who played the most consistent cricket in the last ten matches or so. But they kept players like Virender Sehwag in the team, which shows their skills as selectors, is nothing more than pure waste.
Talking about the Indian cricket team which can be nicknamed as the epitome of inconsistency, here are the great players who proved that they can visit the whole caribbean, enjoy the trip and come back in a very short time! They have shown their skills there against Bermuda by beating them by the biggest margin, and it is something that they can be proud of, but not the poor fans. Its better to take a look at the team before they go against a team which has the calibre to beat them again, Bengladesh.1. Rahul Dravid: It is always better to start with the captain himself. On that day when he took over the captaincy from Saurav Ganguly, I think that the dark days of Indian cricket had just begun. He is always a solid player, but never even an average captain. His confusing bowling changes as well as the lack of aggression means that he should have been kicked out of captaincy long time ago. But he is still there and if luck favours him, he may get some wins under his belt against Bengladesh and will stay as the captain for a very long time. To add to it, he is the wall, but he is also the same tortoise which moves slowly and makes scoreboard stuck at a score.
2. Sachin Tendulkar: The master blaster, who had been master plaster with his injuries in the recent past. But he was one of the best batsmen, no doubt about it. At present, he isn't the God of cricket he used to be, but somehow manages to stay there, thanks to his fan support and the boring tactics of selectors. He had been there without performing, except for some fortunate innings at home. Atleast, he is not picked for the One Day series against Bengladesh. Lets see how good an idea it was.3. Virender Sehwag: Now, here is a classic example of "non-classic" batting. He has been experimenting with the different ways to get out and he has found a few in the pre-World Cup series against Srilanka. He is supposed to be a power-hitter of the cricket ball, but the problem is that he just can't touch that with his bat. One day, he will be able to do that but not against the top 8 teams for sure, do hope for a home series against Bermuda.
4. Saurav Ganguly: The former captain has been the better of the lot, but even he struggled in the caribbean conditions. His two fifties meant that he can stay at the crease, but not till the end. But it was great to see his classic shots again. He isn't there for the One Dayers, so lets see what he can do in the test series. But his consistency is something which cannot be questioned. He has prevailed even in the South African conditions where the Indian batsmen were just jumping around. The most successful Indian captain should be once again at the top, if India is to retaiin atleast some of its glory.5. Yuvraj Singh: We can see high talent here, but no results. An excellent fielder and brilliant runner between the wickets, but where did the batting go! He is supposed to have the ability to bat under pressure, but all he has managed to do is to get out when he should be there! The future of Indian cricket seems too dark if he continues like this. Its time he knows his responsibilities and do some justice to his potential.
6. Mahendra Singh Dhoni: Another power hitter, but all the power wasted in the air! When he somehow manages to play a shot, it ends up in a fielder's hand. He had the luck to have two ducks in the three matches in the World Cup and the 20 odd runs he made in that match against Bermuda was not too useful considering India's big score. But he still have thousands of advertisements to make cash! What a waste of time. It makes me feel bad even to think that he was one of my favourite players.7. Irfan Pathan: Another specialist of advertisements. This guy came to the Indian team as a genuine swing bowler with a good pace. The hype was so high that everyone seemed to be concentrating on him. But unfortunately, some idiot said that he had the potential to be an all-rounder. He scored a fifty in an innings, and from there started his era of worst bowling. Now he can't bat or bowl, and the ball reaches the batsman at below 120km/hr - now this is sad news! He didn't get his chance in World Cup though, good for him and the team. But the bad news for him is that he is dropped even after not getting a chance in the World Cup.
8. Robin Uthappa: His abilities with the bat cannot be doubted. As an additional openor, he is an asset to the team. But he fails to realize that they are not playing in those batsman friendly wickets in India. The batsman's paradise is at India and he will get another chance there later. His failure to adapt to the situation and being too careless, cost him his wicket all the time. When luck is also against him, there is nothing much to do.9. Dinesh Karthik: Here comes another wicket keeper batsman. Earlier, Indians had no wicket keeper batsmen and they kept Rahul Dravid as the keeper. But now they got two, and both of them seems to be trying to fight each other ro prove who is more useless. Karthik can blame the team management for having less chances to bat, but opportunities don't keep coming every second! He did have his share of chances.
10. Sreesanth: Now here is a bowler to start with. He is managing to show lots of aggression in the field, but even he has failed to deliver. It is time he concentrate more on his bowling rather than scaring the batsmen. But he got good talents, and he just needs to have a better economy to stay in the side as the wickets are coming for him. He wasn't given a chance in the World Cup either!11. Ajit Agarkar: These days, he makes me wonder why he is in the side with his consistency in inconsistency. He used to be my favourite bowler long ago, but these days, he just can't deliver. He seems to have lost the wicket-taking ability which he used to have, and if some one thought that he can bat a bit, he has proved that wrong too. As he is no longer in the team, may be won't be hearing much from him for a very long time.
12. Zaheer Khan: Now here is a come-back man. He really worked very hard to make a return to the Indian team, and if we look at the selection committee, they are not so keen in getting any old players back. But Zaheer has managed to make that truimphant return, but only to do nothing in the World Cup. He troubled Greame Smith during the South Africa tour, but he won't find a Smith everywhere, and it could have been better for him if he could do the same with some of the Srilankan batsmen.13. Munaf Patel: He is certainly one of the fastest bowlers in India, and has made some fans for himself, but that isn't going to help him in his stay with the Indian team. When he is in the team, he is injured! Then why is he included in the team! Now that is a question which the dumb selectors can answer, and meanwhile, Munaf can check his fitness.
14. Anil Kumble: The best spinner Inndia has ever produced, the only Indian player to takte ten wickets in a test innings. But, still he isn't India's number one choice for One Dayers. I wonder why he is not given the importance he deserves. Well, I think that it is too late now! He should have been playing in all those matches in which Harbhajan had been picked instead of him! Its time for him to get his pension and those who had been at the top of Indian cricket should ask themselves if Kumble ever deserved to be dropped!15. Harbhajan Singh: In the bowling department, India's biggest dissappiont of the tour was none other than this man. He carries a fair amount of hype, but does very less these days. His wicket taking ability seems to have been blown away by the batsmen, and Romesh Powar may be taking his place soon. The process seems to have already started with the Bengladesh tour. But if he can perform, his time isn't yet over.
My hopes on the "most imperfect" Indian cricket team was already buried when Saurav Ganguly was dropped from the team. May be the team can boycott World Cup next time because they can't win it. There should be some change in the Indian team for sure, but the best idea will be to change the stupid selection committee itself. If they can't pick a good team from a nation which has so much population, they should drown themselves in the Indian Ocean! Otherwise, they will be helped by the Indian crowd in doing so! :-)THANKS FOR DROPPING IN HERE :-)
Attention, this is the first review from this author
Instead of giving a negative rating, consider:
Help this member by giving your advice
Report fraud (for example plagiarism) or other issue with the review to the Ciao support team
Add your comment