Insure.co.uk

Insure.co.uk

Review of "Insure.co.uk"

published 25/10/2001 | walt
Member since : 18/10/2001
Pro Cheap (very), cash back, very good service.
Cons Have to stay for 5 years to get the cashback, APR is high for monthly payment

"FAST CHEAP AND GETTING BETTER"

Last year I decided to find the best quote I could and went online. I had moved from Peterborough to Bristol and my motor insurance went up by 66%!!!! I did all the usual site Direct Line, AA, RAC and the best quote was over £400 (for a Daewoo Leganza!!). I saw the advert so logged on and was pleasently surprised with the speed and efficiency of the site. The quote eventually came out at £285!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When i requested monthly payments this increased the about £320. So I applied - what with the cashback after 5 year this was a good deal. Then the problems started - as mentioned in one of the other opinions. Documents never arrived, after several phone calls I received the cover-note - two days AFTER cover was due to begin! Eventually I received all the documents and everything was fine. Prior to the renewal date this year I received the documents to renew (and immediatly went online to get quotes at other companies) this was again the lowest by a large margin. However, I now have points on my licence for speeding. So I rang the helpline to get a requote - IT WENT DOWN!!!! Apparantly the rates change so frequently that you can get it cheaper if you ring after renewal arrives but before you accept it. The service is much better now and the rates are still the cheapest around. I would recommend it.

• AnitaM published 23/02/2003
    I've ben tempted by the ads for this company. Might give them a go next time my insurance is due.
  • pogmel published 06/02/2002
    Very impressive op! Must try this one. My insurance is sky high but they're still useless when some wombat revereses into your parked car.
  • TallTone published 25/10/2001
    Blow me, I only recently renewed with them. Must remember to ring 'em up next year. The quote I got was, needless to say, the cheapest as it was - and by some way. But I might have got it for less! TT.

Product Information : Insure.co.uk