Insuresupermarket.com

Insuresupermarket.com

Review of "Insuresupermarket.com"

published 19/07/2003 | Graham50
Member since : 23/06/2003
Good
Pro Save money and time getting best deal on house and car insurance.
Cons Responce time is SLOW ... some car optuions missing

"Save money on home and car insurance"

Last month (June'03) I used the Insuresupermarket.com site to investigate the prices for renewing my buildings and contents insurance for my house, and was able to reduce my annual premium - saving myself £212 ... that's almost a 50% reduction on what I was quoted by my current insurer to renew.
Previously I have been put off changing insurer, because I was daunted by the task of visiting dozens of insurance web sites and having to put the same information into each one - it could take hours to do this!!
By going to Insuresupermarket.com it only took about 2 minutes to enter the basic details of what was required for my house insurance, and then it searched all the online sites and quite quickly started to return over 20 competitive quotes from the well known big name insurers that I was then able to choose from.
All the information was clearly presented in a results table, already conveniently sorted by annual premium price, and there were options to click on to get even more detailed information on the cover provided to enable informed decision making before linking to the insures own web site to be able to buy online. There was also the option to get the insures phone number for if you wanted to buy after talking directly to them, but this would negate the online buying discounts of usually 5% to 10%.

I'm very please with how it helped on my home insurance and I'll definitely use Insuresupermarket site to investigate renewing my car insurance when it comes due for renewal in a few months.
I think this is the model of the future for a second generation of revolutionary deep linking search engines that are able to trawl all the websites of the direct insurers and major online brokers to get you real time quote information.

UPDATE 2004..........
The site speed is now suffering and they say extra servers are being deployed to improve it.

The Home insurance still looks good, but the questions asked on car ins are missing things like "Pass-Plus" that could get you a 50% reduction for new drivers.

This review was read 2075 times and was rated at

• Caz40 published 19/01/2005
    just checked this website out too and very impressed with the wide range of insurance offers around, well worth using every time for all sorts of insurance
  • m.lyon published 23/07/2003
    My home insurance runs out next month so I'll check this out. Nice op. Marc
  • ms004902 published 19/07/2003
    Thanks for the op and welcome to Ciao! Stay Cool and Look After Yourself.

Product Information : Insuresupermarket.com