Internet relationships

Internet relationships

Review of "Internet relationships"

published 28/04/2007 | djohan
Member since : 01/08/2001
Sometimes the measure of friendship isn't your ability to not harm but your capacity to forgive the things done to you and ask forgiveness for your own mistakes. Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive Comic, 11-07-05
Pro Gaining Great Happiness
Cons Not found

"It is really Touching Me"

Internet Relationship

I joined Ciao UK in 2001. Though I was (and am still) a foreigner in this UK community, day by day – gradually I enjoyed participating in this cyber-community. Some of their (user) names, my old-timers (though they are not actively participating nowadays) – are still being in my mind, Angus, Brianlfc, Marandina, Moose, Tempus, TallTone, Bwanamdevu, Sue26, Avril, Judgee, Modena, Thingywhatsit, Calypte, Groovee, Coooeee, Connoisseur Haggler, Bigbaz, Andycharger, Wiggglypufff and many others who I cannot mention their names one by one here.

Though I have never met them or seen them face to face, and nowadays I seldom say, “Hi or hello” to them – they are still my friends in my heart (I hope they feel the same as I do). I just can hope, one day we could meet online again.

Once in about 2005, when Tsunami happened in my country – Indonesia – some friends of mine would be glad to see me online again. Before the Tsunami occured, I was seldom online because I was between jobs. I struggled hard to find a job. Though we did not have any contacts during the period – I knew that my friends must be thinking of me, especially facing the Tsunami. Then I decided to go to an internet-café and tried to say hello to them. To my surprise, I found out that they were worried about me, and here are their comments in my guest book (I do not delete the comments in my guest book till now).

Thingywhatsit :
i was so happy to see you online today. I wrote to your home and the letter came back. I was so worried about you. Glad you are okay. My prayers were answered !

Bigbaz :
It's great to know that you are well and safe. welcome back ..Baz

COOOEEE :
What a relief to find you safe and well. We really have missed you. Big Big Hugs. Fionaxx

Connoisseur_Haggler :
Djohan, So gald to see you are well and almost definitely alive! Drop by again next time and Good luck with your job. -CH

Wiggglypufff :
Heya DJ. Good to hear from you again. Glad you're safe and sound, we were all getting a bit worried about you! Sorry to hear you're between jobs, hope something comes up soon so you can get back to Ciaoing with us again soon. Sadly I don't have any money making ideas, umm, you could try Brian (brianlfc) as he was always onto some scheme or another but I'm not sure if he had much success with any of them really. If I think of anything I'll be sure to let you know. Take care and keep in touch. Karen x

Brianlfc :
Wow DJ youre safe and sound :) was really worried for a while, but then realised with what your country has been through, that Ciao was probs far far down your list of priorities. Great to hear from you again and once again, seeya soon.

Now my dear friends, what do you think of the comments above? Though they wrote me few words, but their words are touching me till now! Forever .... in my heart.

Sadly, nowadays I rarely find them online while some have taken their early 'retirement' from Ciao for certain reasons. As my additional footnote, I hope Ciao UK could accommodate members here proportionally. I know well about their quality being a member here. They are not only good at writing, but know how to care members here. Sincerely caring others is the PLUS VALUE of them.

However, I'm sure that there are many other serious members who are participating in this community. Let's learn to respect one another in order to create better friendships. Though we might never meet, but our relationships should be maintained. Who know that one day we will meet?

Based on the fact, I'd say that making friends by Internet technology is a real world! It is not a fake one as some may think.

Finally, I hope we could create better quality of friendships in this community. Thank you for reading.

Cheers, djohan.

• missy0303 published 05/06/2007
    It is lovely to have lots of online friends as sometimes we can talk to them more than we can talk to our "real life" friends....x
  • motherjoanb published 17/05/2007
    Its good to have friends, I've been on and off for a while, but most times when I pop in, someone has gone, such a pity. Lovely review. Joan x
  • AJ26 published 06/05/2007
    Lovely review, and it must have been great for you coming back to Ciao and reading all those lovely messages.

Product Information : Internet relationships