ali_claut... 5

ali_clautour

Member since:07.01.2004

The Big Drive Home

21.05.2004

Advantages:
Great music 24/7

Disadvantages:
They do repeat songs again and again sometimes

Quality of reception

Quality of programming

Range of programming

How good are the presenters?

Quality of information

16 Ciao members have rated this review on average: helpful See ratings
  1. KH206cc
  2. SirLink
  3. dan916
  1. somebodyrandom
  2. Soho_Black
  3. emilyo

Lets consider a typical Kentish residents day if they listen to Invicta FM (its pretty likely). People who aren't from Kent will want to come and visit just to hear it!

7.00 AM. Most people listen to the radio in the morning at some point whether they have a radio alarm clock or listen to the radio for traffic info on their way to a boring day at work. Invicta's morning show is called the Morning Zoo (I have no idea why). They also have Invicta Roadrunners out and about looking for people who have Invicta stickers in their cars to give money to! So there is always the added anticipation that you might get spotted though sadly I never have!

What I last heard on the Morning Zoo that made me smile: The Jim'll Fix It theme tune all the way through.

9.00 AM - 5.30PM Not allowed to listen to the radio at work I assume or may work out of Kent. Looking forward to the Big Drive Home.

5.30AM Turn on the radio to hear and abundance of cheesey jingles singing "The Big Drive Home" (I wish I could sing it to you!) which is the show for this time of the day. Invicta Roadrunners again out and about apparently giving away money. More traffic info and news with a few classic songs. More jingles. More competitions.

What I last heard on the Big Drive Home that I sang to: Probably either whatever was number 1 or the Big Drive Home jingle.

Last thing I heard that made me laugh: People phone up and answer specific questions like "what does your parner do that is wierd?". One lady phoned up and says when her boyfriend brushes his teeth he holds his toothbrush still and moves his head from side to side. How nobody crashed when hearing that I don't know, you do get some odd bods in Kent!

At home during "normal time" of the day they play mostly chart toppers but a few classic oldies you havent heard for ages. This is the beauty of Invicta FM. Come 10 o'clock during the week they have the Invicta Wind down Zone where they play a lot of chilled out, love song sort of music which is quite nice to listen to after a trip to the pub. At the weekends they have Invicta Club Classics where they play old school club songs.

Last wind down song I heard: Spandau Ballet - True.
Last club classic I heard: Ce Ce Penniston - Finally.

Listening to Invicta is more something you have to do (unless maybe you have a CD player in your car) than choose to. Maybe I'm sad but I do miss it when I'm at uni out of Kent! Anyone in Essex I find I can usually tune into Invicta on 103.1 - 102.8 FM in Essex. Lucky old you!

Soho_Black 10.06.2004 22:06

In all the time I lived in Kent, I barely heard Invictia - my mum preferred BBC Radio Kent!

KH206cc 09.06.2004 09:52

The big drive home is important to relax so any comforts like radio are a plus. Talk sport sends me to sleep

dan916 27.05.2004 16:19

I used to often listen to The WInd Down zone at night to send me off to sleep! Never really listened to it during the day, as I work in London, and when I am local, I travel by bike, so the radio is not an option!