Ipsos Access Panel

Ipsos Access Panel

Reward & Loyalty

Review of "Ipsos Access Panel"

published 03/03/2009 | ivytoad
Member since : 18/09/2005
Pro Lots of surveys, good vouchers, product testing
Cons Don't tell you how many points you will get per survey

"My Favourite Survey Site"

I have been a member of Ipsos Interactive Panel for a little over a year now. Ipsos is basically a survey site where you get sent surveys, and then receive points for your participation.

Joining was easy, just filling out basic details on the website, and then a confirmation email to your email account giving you a Panelist ID and password which you use to log in to the website.

Instead of being paid in cash for surveys you complete, you earn points. You can then redeem your points for vouchers. Until recently you were able to redeem points for vouchers worth £2, £5 or £10. Now you can only redeem points for vouchers for £5 or £10. I liked having the £2 voucher option since it meant that you would only have to do one or two surveys until you could redeem your points, now it takes a bit longer. For a £5 voucher you need 750 points and for a £10 voucher you need 1380. How many points you get per survey depends on the length of the survey. A survey can be anything between 5 minutes and 45 minutes and you can earn anything between 10 points (if you get screened out) and 350 points.

There are several different shops you can get vouchers for, these are Boots, John Lewis, Amazon, Argos, WH Smith, Leisure vouchers (can be used at lots of different restaurants and venues) and Arcadia vouchers (which are for use in several different clothes shops) I find this a great selection of vouchers, and I always have trouble trying to choose which one to get!

Once you have received enough points to redeem for a voucher, it is very easy to order it. You log onto the website with your Panelist ID and password, and then click on the link to 'Gift Area'. Here you will see a list of vouchers and you click on the 'Order' button next to the voucher. You then check your address and click on confirm, and then the voucher will be sent out to you. I have always received my voucher within 2 weeks of ordering it and have never had any problems what so ever.

I find the website easy to use and the links to the different sections are clearly shown down the left hand side of the page. There is a very good FAQ section, and if you need to contact Ipsos by email, they will try to reply to you within two working days. I have never needed to contact them about anything, but they seem to be a good, reliable company.

I have done a couple of surveys for them where I have been sent a product to try out and then answer a follow-up survey about the product. I have been sent a large Cadburys Bourneville chocolate bar and also some sanitary towels. It is great when you do these since you get points for doing the initial survey, a free product to try and then points for the follow-up survey!

Links to surveys are sent to you via email. These tell you how long the survey is open for and approximately how long it will take you to complete. This is quite handy since if you don't have time to do it straight away, you know that you have a certain time limit before the survey closes. Knowing how long it will take is also good!

It is possible to get screened out of a survey if you don't match the criteria, however if this does happen, you will get 10 points into your account anyway. After you have completed a survey, it can sometimes take a few days for your points to be added, and sometimes a few weeks.

The one really annoying thing I find about Ipsos is that when you click through to do a survey, they almost never tell you how many points you will be receiving for completing it. I personally like to know how much I will be getting, but for some reason they don't tell you.

Every so often you are sent update surveys for your account. This is to keep all of your information up to date, such as your interests and hobbies. You do not get paid any points for this but you are entered into a prize draw to win either points or other prizes. This is so that they can send you surveys which match you interests.

If you haven't responded to a survey sent to you by email, they will usually send you a reminder email a couple of days before the survey closes, this can be handy if you have forgotten to reply to one!

Some weeks I can get two or three surveys to my account, other times I won't get any at all. It all just depends. Since joining a year ago, I have made about £70 or £80 by doing surveys with them, even though I don't receive surveys every week.

I would recommend Ipsos, it is the main survey site I use now, and definitely my favourite of all of the survey sites I have tried!

• suehome published 16/07/2009
    Nice review, I'm an Ipsos fan too.........Sue
  • Sarahjh1 published 15/07/2009
    Ipsos fan here too xx
  • frankiecesca published 16/04/2009
    Completely agree with you - a good survey site and pretty easy to build up your points too! x