Ipsos Access Panel

Ipsos Access Panel

Reward & Loyalty

Review of "Ipsos Access Panel"

published 28/04/2009 | anniehiccups
Member since : 29/01/2009
Pro Decent Payment
Cons None

"IPSOS THE BEST SURVEY SITE"

Not another survey site review I hear you cry. Sorry folks however I promise that this will be my last one for a while. This is one of my absolute favourites and I promise you that it is one of the best that I have had the pleasure to join. I would highly recommend it and it has been the most lucrative for me so far. I have been a member of this site for a while however have only managed to spare the time to fill out surveys for the last couple of months on a regular basis. I have already gained a gift voucher and products to test at home. You can't really say fairer than that and to be honest it is one of the most user friendly survey websites that I have come across to date. It is very professionally run and well worth the effort.

I have since discovered while researching this review however that membership to this site is by invitation only. They do not allow self-registration to their panel. Panel members are recruited by Ipsos only they send out personal email invitations to eligible members. They also use advertising banners placed on selected websites looking for specific criteria so if you see these then click on them and apply to sign up quickly as they don't stay around for long.

As a panel member you will be sent out various surveys on a variety of topics. I tend to receive two or three of these on a weekly basis. They can vary in length and are worth points which can be redeemed for gift vouchers of well known high street stores. Shorter surveys will be worth less points and can take around five minutes to fill out while the longer ones can last an hour. In addition they can also ask panel members to test a variety of products. Recently I tested some washing powder over a two week period. I could not tell who the manufacturer was however as it was a blind trial. You have to answer a survey before you receive the product and one after you have used it. Pretty painless really and I received points for my effort which I have to say were pretty generous. Both before conducting and after the trial.

Be advised that you will not always qualify for every survey that is sent out. These will be delivered to the email address you register on the site. Surveys will have a few pre screening questions to see if members will fulfil the criteria required for completion. I have to say that I have only been screened out of a few of these surveys. In addition they provide opportunities for you to complete surveys via your mobile phone. I however have not used this method so am unable to comment further. I would advise completing the surveys as soon as they are sent out to you however as they usually close fairly quickly. If this happens a message will appear stating that the survey is now closed. You will still receive ten points if this happens which I think is generous for doing nothing.

Once a survey is completed your account will be credited with the relevant points, this does not happen immediately and can take up to three weeks. They are a reliable company and you will receive all of your points so no worries here. Once you have accumulated enough you can access the gift area of the website where you will need your panellist ID number and password. Here you will find a variety of gift vouchers in denominations of £5 and £10 which can be redeemed if you have 750 points required for a £5 voucher and 1380 for a £10 voucher. The voucher I claimed came within two weeks. They are paper vouchers too which I prefer over e-vouchers.

I would definitely recommend using this site if you get the opportunity to do so, as the rewards are great and it really doesn't take long too reach payout and receive those vouchers. In addition you may receive products to test. This is a good way to get those points adding up quickly. The surveys themselves are often quite interesting and the layout of them is quite easy to follow. I recently completed an online survey for £2.50 so the rewards can be relatively generous particularly if you are doing little else with your time.

The website is easy to navigate around and is extremely professional. All you need is your panel registration ID which will be sent to you on acceptance of your membership and you can browse at your leisure. I visit daily to see how many points I have accumulated. I don't tend to pay much attention to the homepage to be honest I tend to go straight to the gift area as there is a little box in the bottom corner which tells you your points total. This lets you view your pending orders, order history and most importantly of all allows you to choose your high street gift vouchers when enough points have been gained.

I am glad that I am a member of this site as it is quite a good little hobby to have only recommended if you enjoy filling out surveys obviously. You also get a reasonable incentive as opposed to the measly 10p per survey offered by some similar sites. Recommended 5 stars.

• Bollinger28 published 29/04/2009
    I quite like this site too. The only thing that annoys me about them is that often the survey invite fails to tell you how many points you'll earn for the survey, and you have to wait 2/3 weeks before you find out. Lexy
  • MurkyDismal published 29/04/2009
    Im a member x
  • frain2005 published 29/04/2009
    Sounds good annie, i may have a look!