Home > Ciao Café > Current Debate > Is it tougher being a woman? > Reviews

ilusvm 3

ilusvm

About me: Catching up on reviews - give me a nudge if you want me to read something and it looks like I have forgotten you. Am moog27 on Dooyoo. Those irritating Hotpoint ads just make me want to boycott them?!

Member since:08.09.2004

LIFE IS TOUGHER FOR A WOMAN!

09.03.2005

Advantages:
see op

Disadvantages:
see op !

50 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. lyndaburnsuk
  2. speedvixen
  3. Exploding_Pixie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is it tougher being a woman?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Men and women always seem to be debating over who has it harder but I really do believe that its us women that get the tougher end of the deal so heres a review to evaluate the problems of being female!

Pregnancy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the age of 17 I have never been pregnant but when my mum was pregnant with my little brother I saw how ill she was. I know that many women find it a joy to be pregnant but wouldn’t it be nice to make the man go through it when it gets to the morning sickness, baby jumping on your bladder, not being able to see your toes etc! Women have to do the whole pregnancy thing and men seem to think that they get it tough because they have to put up with a hormonal woman!! Also in terms of contraception, although anyone having sex should use protection to protect against STDs and unwanted pregnancy, when it comes down to it, it’s the woman that could end up pregnant so she ends up worrying about what contraception to use and whether its working ok!

Labour
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, to be honest I don’t think a man could deny that this is a damn tough thing, and if you are a man reading this, open your mouth as wide as you can and then push a full sized football through it and then tell me having a baby is easy!! First the man gets the easy deal during the pregnancy and then he sits back and watches the mother of his child in agony for hours and hours trying to push out this little brat!

Periods
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Men seem to think that women completely over exaggerate the hassle of periods and the agony of period pains. Men seem to be in pain when someone hits them where it hurts but try getting a clamp, clamping your testicles really tight until you are in agony and then twisting and twisting non stop for about 3-4 days. There now you have experienced the same level of pain as period pains!! Before I went on the pill I was curled up in pain all day and crying in agony all night and then not only do you have the pain, you then have the hassle and the skankyness of actually having the period every month.

Menopause
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unfortunately I don’t know much about this so I cant really comment to much but basically it is another horrific thing women have to go through that men don’t.

Peeing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It may only seem like a little thing but men get it so easy when it comes to peeing! They can do it pretty much anywhere, quickly and discreetly standing up but us woman need to first endure the long queues in womens toilets and then remove numerous items of clothing before having to sit down on a rather gross looking toilet seat to do our business. It is so much more practical for men if they need to pee somewhere where there isn’t a toilet but us women have to find a suitable place to squat and then its just a undignified balancing act!!

Cystitis
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Im not denying that some men can suffer from urine infections but women are particularly prone because we have shorter urethras! Some poor women frequently suffer from agonising urine infections all because of the design of our bodies.

Sex
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is so much easier for men to orgasm than women! Men can orgasm quite easily during sex or any other sexual act but most women cannot orgasm through penetration alone and we take a lot longer to climax so most of the time the men our done and were left waiting!

Bodies
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Im not denying that men are selfconcious and vain but in society there is much more pressure on women to look good than men. Very thin or very large women have life made really tough for them. Then theres breasts, firstly men put so much emphasis on them so woman feel selfconcious and then theres all the pictures of women with perfect breasts which makes it even worse. Women who have small breasts get criticised by blokes but then women with large breasts can be really uncomfortable because of the weight! Women are expected to have particular body shapes where as men have a lot more freedom to be how they want.

Hair
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Firstly theres the hair on our heads, women cant just wake up and walk out hoping for the best, there is a lot of pressure on us to make sure our hair looks good and then theres body hair, many men have certain ‘requirements’ for how and where women should have body hair. Women need to shave there legs, shave their armpits and then theres other areas which need to be addressed!!! Eyebrows are also the bane of many womans life and then theres any other unwanted hair. All men have to worry about is that the hair on their heads looks reasonably presentable!

Clothes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clothes is another area where women have more pressure to look a certain way than men. Men can wear the same clothes for days on end, basic trousers and a tshirt but us women have to look different for different situations and it is expected of us that we look good, fashionable and attractive.

Jobs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There has always been a ‘glass ceiling’ for women in employment and although these days woman do get jobs high up in organisations, it is still more difficult for woman to move up in their job than men and statistics show that there are more men in higher up positions than women.

Alcohol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even when it comes to having a glass or two of wine, us women get the rough end of the deal as the medical recommended number of alcohol units a week is 14 for women and 21 for men, so the blokes can have a drink pretty much when they feel like it but us girlies have to limit what we drink because our bodies aren’t designed as well!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Overall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Overall I think it would be unfair to deny that women definitely do have it tougher, yes so men have to put up with their voices breaking, unwanted erections and getting kicked in the balls but other than that the stuff they have to go through doesn’t even compare to what us women have to go though! Thanks for reading and please comment with your opinion! Em x

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

reddragonflame87 27.11.2006 14:35

Ah, a good review but awfully one sided.... for example, no mention of kidney stones! Besides, it is amusing how women talk about period pains. When my girlfriend said that I should catch my nads in my zipper to understand the pain I laughed at her and said "When was the last time you caught your testicles in a zip!". Needless to say, I'm still untangling my unmentionables from my coat, and can quite safely assure that it hurts a fair amount. Anyways, I think I've rabbited on enough, I'll just spit this football out and get some coffee. Again, good read, and nicely humorous!

grapesoda 28.08.2006 15:36

Hehe i liked this review! Men wouldn't last through childbirth, they claim they are nearly dying when they have acold! x

zoobremia 06.11.2005 21:27

Well, Emma, I agree except there's no need for having long hair, I know a few girls having shorter hair than I have, so no need to be in the bathroom for years of the life in fact of hairs ... Well, I also disagree with clothes, just for an example, when You are wearing trousers or some football clothes nobody cares, when a man wears football clothes he's not that good situated most of the people think, when he wears a skirt (okay, except Scotts) everybody is laughing at him and if You wear the wrong team-clothes as a man, there can be a fight ... Nobody beats women for that ... Many regards, Sven (Zoobremia)