Island of Gozo

Island of Gozo

Review of "Island of Gozo"

published 28/01/2007 | d0min0
Member since : 28/01/2007
Pro tranquil, beautiful and friendly
Cons not for young children
Prices
Is it worth visiting?
Transport links
Family Friendly

"the magic of Gozo"

I've been to Gozo several times now. Our neighbours own an apartment there so we have stayed several times. The island of Gozo is absolutely beautiful. It is a very agricultural island - you cannot escape the fresh produce anywhere. I found it somewhat more enjoyable than the main island of Malta, maybe because of the leap between the tranquil sights and sounds of Gozo compared to the more tourist friendly built up area of Malta.
The thing I would most recommend doing on Gozo is seeing the azure window. We had a boat trip out and around near the azure window which, surprisingly for Gozo, wasn't that expensive. Also diving/snorkelling are unforgettable experiences in the clear blue seas, but make sure you watch out for locals swimming - if they are then its ok to swim, but if not there are probably jellyfish in the water.
Once when we we're walking back to our apartment from the restaurant about a mile up the road my mum's flip-flop broke (I told her it wasn't a god idea to wear flip-flops before we left). She was in quite some predicament but fortunately in Gozo many of the locals sit outside their houses in the street as it is warm indoors and they can chat with their neighbours. Luckily an elderly couple took pity on us and made us sit down and fed us home grown nuts whilst dad walked off to fetch some different shoes.
We found that on of the best places to eat was Marlsaforn but there are several restaurants to chose from in each town.
The bus service is not very reliable so you are best off hiring a car but this does not come at too much expense either.
All of the locals are extremely friendly and shopping in either the stores or in the market, someone is always willing to help you out.
One time when we went we caught the helicopter from Malta to Gozo, if you think the ferry is expensive the definitely do not go for this option. The flight around the coastline of the three islands was incredible and absolutely stunning.
I'd recommend Gozo to anyone who wants a relaxed and enjoyable break from a busy British life to the far friendlier and prettier of the two.

• Paigeoleary published 09/02/2007
    I have been to gozo its so lovely there Nice review,and its brilliant paige

Product Information : Island of Gozo