JML Fresh Air Globe

Freshen up your Air Globe (see code 038201) with a eucalyptus scented refill.

Review of "JML Fresh Air Globe"

published 13/11/2007 | dalcrest57
Member since : 06/05/2007
Satisfactory
Pro lights, easy to use, low noise
Cons does not fulfill it's purpose!
Performance
User's Manual
Maintenance

"nice lights, not fresh air JML Globe"

JML Fresh Air Globe
I bought this when I was ill with a sinus type bug because I had the heating on all the time and the air seemed really dry. All of the other air purifiers were really expensive and this appeared to do much the same as they promised. Yes I should have known better but I was ill at the time…

How it works
The idea is that by swirling water around (or something more scientific but swirling is what it looks like), particles will be filtered out of the air and deposited in the water bowl leaving you with cleaner, fresher air. It claims to remove pet odours, harmful bacteria and neutralise other odours. The unit comes in three parts - the base with light & power switch, the water globe and the lid. There is a vent on the lid of the globe from which the air (and I assume the water particles) are emitted.

Cost
£40 plus £5 postage direct from JML, available in two colours

Use
It's very easy to use - you fill the bowl to the recommended level, put the lid on, plug it into the mains and switch it on. There are a number of light options ranging from one static colour, strobe effect, neutral or no light. You can add oils to the water bowl however the book states that you should only use those supplied by JML as they are specially created. Unfortunately, these are pretty chemical smelling and unpleasant - not the natural ambience I had been promised. My globe came with eucalyptus and lavender oils and even with the stuffy sinus nose I could smell something which was not quite right. I suppose on the bright side, at least I could smell something. There is a gentle noise of running water which is not intrusive and sometimes is quite relaxing.

My Opinion
I really do not think this works. It is kept in the living room with fresh water added everyday and the bowl is cleaned out as instructed. The oils provided were unpleasant. No-one in the house has noticed any difference except some air movement and a nice (albeit cheesy and lava lampish) light show at night. I have used this for 3 weeks, put it in different locations and really found it to be useless as an air purifier.

• shadylady999 published 01/09/2008
    Good review- I don't know if this will help but I found if you put slightly more water than the manual tells you to in it is much more effective x
  • Minha published 09/02/2008
    We had one of these for Christmas and have found it quite pleasant. Hazel xx
  • sarab20 published 18/11/2007
    Ive got one of these and its fantastic.