JML Fresh Air Globe

JML Fresh Air Globe

Freshen up your Air Globe (see code 038201) with a eucalyptus scented refill.

Review of "JML Fresh Air Globe"

published 13/08/2011 | Spottydog11
Member since : 07/09/2007
Reviews : 1977
Pro Interesting idea, fresh air, smells
Cons None
Performance
User's Manual
Maintenance

"A breath of fresh air"

This is an interesting little product and one I hoped would be a bit more environmentally friendly than other air freshsners you can buy. I don't ever buy the ones that you can plug in anymore because I have heard that they can start fires by shorting out and even though I do buy some sprays I don't always like the mist that they put in the air as this causes my asthma to kick off so I thought this globe from JML would be a nice alternative.

The JML Fresh Air Globe is basically an air purifier or as JML put it, an indoor air-cleansing and purification system. JML go on to say that the Fresh Air Globe ionises the air to neutralise bad smells, such as tobacco, cooking smells and pet odours. What I like about it is that it is small compared to other massive ones you can get. This is just about the size of a normal air freshener if not a bit bigger and so you can easily place it on table tops out of the way and don't have to have it as like another piece of furniture! Of course it needs to be plugged in so obviously you are somewhat restricted to where you put it as you need to be near a plug but I have found that the cord is long enough to stretch for me to be able to place it on a semi high table top in my lounge.

Now, we don't smoke in our house and we tend to have our doors and windows open quite a lot so I really didn't invest in this to clean the air but more to just give us a nice smell and maybe a bit fresher air at the same time. We do have pets so if it could keep that dog smell away that would be a bonus too. The way it works is very interesting. You add the water yourself to the system. To do this you basically just remove the plastic top and there there is a fill line which shows you where to fill it too, handy so you don't overfill and spill it everywhere. The purifier then comes with two essential essences, healing eucalyptus and soothing lavender. As I hate the smell of lavender, (to me it smells like old ladies and is way too overpowering for me) I have only used the eucalyptus which I like. It has quite a spicy scent but is not too overpowering which is nice. You can detect some scent but it does not overtake your room.

So, how well does this work. Well, you can see the water going down and you can also see it getting dirtier which I guess is nice as it means it is working. I tend to change mine one it gets a bit dirty as I do not like the dirty look but you can leave it for quite a few days before the water really seems to disappear. By disappear I should say, add moisture to your house, giving you a fresher environment. I do think the air in my room is nicer and this has been especially nice in the summer when you need a bit more moisture in the air.

The globe has an interesting colour changing LED mood light base, I tend to leave it on just one setting as when it changes really quickly it is quite distracting.

All in all an interesting choice if you wish to have an air purifier in your home.

• Coloneljohn published 15/08/2011