Review of "JML Halogen Oven"

published 09/04/2012 | bogaqwn
Member since : 09/04/2012
Satisfactory
Pro When new works well and easily
Cons With time becomes dreadfully, screechingly noisy and ultimately the heater ceases to work properly.
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Expect to replace this after a couple of years"

At first I was pleased with this as it meant I did not have to use the large oven for small amounts of food and it cooked quickly. , However, just after it had passed its one year guarantee the fan started to get noisy, would settle down for a while, but then become noisy again. JML were just not interested when I spoke to them, saying that the year was up. I have continued to use it as it got noisier and noisier, I could not find anyone who was able or willing to try fixing it. I have now stopped using it as the halogen lamp would not come on long enough to cook anything, and the screeching fan was making the top overheat. I am most disappointed that it seems that I am expected to throw this into landfill and get another one every few years. Whatever happened to quality products which last and companies which care about the goods they sell and customer satisfaction. The VERY LEAST they could do is offer replacement tops at reasonable prices. Even so they are not doing their bit for the environment and the mounting piles of stuff in landfill. I would expect such an item to last AT LEAST ten years, as I am a very careful user and it was not used to excess.

• amtrakuk published 17/07/2014
    I consider myself as liberal minded but the made in China stamp seems to appearing on more and more things. The other day in Aldi I picked up a 4 sided cheese grater, the handle fell off in my hand, guess where it was made? As long as they satisfy the safety requirements and will last at least a year they will make them by the million dirt cheap. No truer phrase as "You get what you pay for"
  • Nar2 published 10/04/2012
    Welcome to Ciao. A fair start here but ranting about how bad it is isn't really that informative for buyers. How it works, the capacity, the accessories, the controls and the programs would however be handy to know about as well as the UK cost price. Is it as easy to clean as it shows on the TV? If you update your review please msg me if you wish it to be re-rated.