JVC AV28R47SK

JVC AV28R47SK

16:9 - 28 in - 50 Hertz - Stereo - without Real Flat Screen

Review of "JVC AV28R47SK"

published 06/11/2005 | SLAYARDA
Member since : 08/04/2005
Pro Excellent value for money and great ease of use
Cons Pretty boring design and quite bulky
Picture Playback
Sound Quality
Ease of Use
Ease of Installation
Remote Control

"JVC AV28RA47SK TV review"

Ok, your on a budget and you would like a decent TV but you are not bothered about built in Modem, true flat screem, tuner etc what do you go for? I asked myself this question when my old 32" broke down a number of months ago. I decided I didn't need a massive 42" LCD monster and to be truthful all those fancy add ons turned me off, I just wanted a TV a could flop in front of and just relax!!

I bought my JVC for a smidge of £350 now you can get them for £300 on the net if you shop around and I think that this is an ideal price for a TV which is not at the top of the bunch but a decent budget all rounder.

The TV comes with a free surround sound system which is ok but I think if this is going to be your main box to watch TV on you could probably do with buying a better system to link up to the TV. The surround system is functional. Picture quality is OK (50hz) , I spend very little time in front of my JVC but the picture suits me fine. Its crisp and clear and just as good as TVs probably another £500 more expensive, however when you start spending a little more on TV's the JVC does start to look a little inferior. The remote control to this TV is easy to use and compliments the ease of use of the TV. Sound quality is great through the speakers of the TV but better through surround sound.

Setting up the TV is a piece of cake, I had my DVD and digital tuner linked up in 5 minutes flat, there are three scart leads so there is room for plenty of expansion. Located in the side of the TV are further speaker sockets and a ear phone socket, this means in theory that you can link up another two speakers plus your surround system!! Output to earphones is really great, seriously good quality. There is also a set of AUX ports meaning you can link this upto your hi-fi.

Cosmetically the TV is a little boring its just like any other grey of a multitude of similar TV's. To conclude if you are on a budget and dont want a all singing and dancing but a TV which is a non-nonsense and of reasonable quality than you should consider this model.

• Allison_Davies published 22/04/2007
    Your review is useful, particularly the fact that it's easy to set up.
  • smcccc published 06/11/2005