JVC CB Case Camcorder (CB-A79)

JVC CB Case Camcorder (CB-A79)

Review of "JVC CB Case Camcorder (CB-A79)"

published 09/03/2009 | EVIT
Member since : 02/06/2008
Pro light, spacious, handy, good material
Cons no velcro compartments
Reliability
Ease of Use

"Utilitarian case by JVC"

next to a 10 pound note

next to a 10 pound note

JVC CB A79 Case Camcorder

also known as "reporter bag"

INTRO

With a weight below 180 grams this medium-sized case can be considered, without a doubt, a lightweight case. I have been looking for a case where to put my werdly-sized camera (Canon S5 IS) for a long time after the fiasco of the original canon bag in which my camera does not fit properly; so I was in a shop (Curry's) the other day and I spotted this case on a shelf with a 97p tag on it. I asked the assistant if it was indeed 97p and so it was... I imediately bought it. I later found out that the price of this bag usually varies between £10-£15, currently on amazon is around £13 so I can consider myself quite lucky and happy of the amazing deal.

OVERVIEW

So let's see some details, first of all the size: approximately 17 x 11 x 10cm. The material I believe to be that kind of plastic commonly used for waterproof camera or camcorder cases. Although I cannot guarantee its waterproof-ness it does look like it could get some shower rains without getting wet inside. It has a front pocket as you can see in my pictures and it can be opened from top with a zip. Inside there is a little soft compartment which can either be ignored or used for something... a wallet for example, or even two wallets by the size of it. The strap attaches onto the bag through a classic plastic clip (not sure how they are called honestly, pardon the ignorance). On the bag of the case can also be found a useful belt loop if you want to secure the camera case on your belt.

CONCLUSIONS

In conclusion, this soft case by JVC is quite useful, can be either used for camcorders, medium-sized cameras but also as a "holiday bag". It doesn't have too many compartments but if you need something more spacious than a compact camera case this might attract your attention.
What I could point out as possible let-down is the absence of internal padding commonly to be found in camera bags, the inside, instead is a plastic soft sheet waterproof-like. With the absence of padding you can also forget the possibility of velcro strap compartments... that could put some buyers off. At a price of £13 I believe I would have never bought it (also because I saw proper camera cases at £5, padded and everything) but this is not necessarily a camera bag. It looks perfect for camcorders or for professional users (such as reporters or photographers) who might need a bag for their tapes, films, cassettes or whatever. It's light and it can be put on a belt or either carried on shoulder, it seems to be waterproof and is cheaper than usual bags. The material seems to be of a good manifacture and I'm sure it will last me long.

I let you decide if it's a good or a bad product according to the use you might need it for. Since I've been quite happy with my purchase I feel confortable in suggesting it to others, if you can also find it for 97p you will have no regrets at all!

I hope that my pictures are helpful and that you found my review just as useful.

PRICE AND AVAILABILITY

Amazon.co.uk - £13.95

• obscuredbykep published 08/05/2009
    Another great review : )
  • Smeep published 19/03/2009
    Nice work!
  • Autarkis published 15/03/2009
    Great review.

Product Information : JVC CB Case Camcorder (CB-A79)

JVC is one of the world's leading developers and manufacturers of sophisticated audio, video and related software products. Building upon a wealth of technologies the company is moving decisively to offer appropriate solutions for the multimedia age. To remain at the forefront of the audiovisual industry in the 21st century, JVC is marshalling its resources to create the ultimate in appealing, cost-competitive products.

Product Description: JVC CB A79 - case camcorder, JVC CB A79ED - case camcorder

Product Type: Case camcorder

Material: Nylon

Colour: Black

Designed For: JVC GR-D239, GR-D239E, GR-D240, GR-D240E, GR-D240EX, GR-D270, GR-D270E, GR-D270EX, GR-D270U, GR-D270US, GR-DF420, GR-DF420EX, GR-DF470, GR-DF540, GR-DF540EX, GR-DF570, GR-DZ7, GR-DZ7E, GR-DZ7US, GR-X5, GR-X5E, GR-X5EX, GR-X5US

General