J. P. Chenet Cabernet-Syrah

J. P. Chenet Cabernet-Syrah

Region: France - Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Vin de Pays

Review of "J. P. Chenet Cabernet-Syrah"

published 01/06/2007 | grafter123
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Fruity , good price , easy to drink , complements many foods ,not too sweet
Cons None for me

"Red , Red , Wine"

As someone who rarely drinks red wine I have only recently begun drinking J.P. Chenet , Cabernet-Syrah . As of late both myself and my husband are always taking medication and as such we try to be careful ,only occasionally drinking alcohol . Still I should think we have consumed much more than our fair share in the past . Added to this Hubby suffers with migraines and steers well clear of red wine .

Recently when my brother visited he bought a bottle of the Red Cabernet-Syrah and I'm afraid to say I have become quite hooked. I justify this by only having one or two glasses at the most , at any one sitting , and assuring my self that the odd glass of red wine is good for you and medicinal . I wonder how many alcoholics use such arguements . Anyway enough of the bakground on to the wine .

J.P CHENET , CABERNET-SYRAH
*******************************************

This wine is on sale at Netto for £3.49 a bottle or three bottles for £10 . I am assured that this is a very good price . They also have the Rose on offer at the same price and presumably others as available .

The glass bottle of this wine is very distictive as it has a bend in the neck part , as shown in the picture above . My most recent purchase also had a large dint , almost , in one side but I can't say if I have noticed that before .

So using the trusty old corkscrew the rather synthetic looking 'cork' is removed . On doing so you are greeted with a rich , fruity smell which somehow has a very traditional aroma to it . Now I am in no shape or form a wine expert so you will have to bear with me here .

So the taste .
****************

Initially it seems to have a strong dry flavour . Under the taste of alcohol a definite fruitiness comes through . When you pour the wine it almost seems thick and is a rich ruby red come blackcurrant colour . Tasting again it has a non sweet taste which is very warming . The label recommends the red wine for serving with lightly grilled red meats or full flavour cheeses as a table wine .

However I find it an enjoyable drink at any meal be it mid day or early evening . Likewise a glass is pleasant without food after a late shift at work .

The Wine
*************
This J P Chenet wine is produced in the South of France . The neck label states it was produced in 2006 . The grapes used to produce this wine are -
Cabernet Sauvignon -70%
Syrah - 30%.
Officially the nose is 'Notes of cherries, blackcurrants, green peppers, licorice and spices' I don't know about that but it is definitely fruity and easy to drink .

Recommendation
*************************
Well a recommendation from me is something . I have always preferred certain white wines to reds . However I can see this drink becoming a regular in our household . It is best consumed within 1-3 years so I can buy some in at the current great price for future visitors or my general consumption .

As an afterthought I could really imagine this wine making a great mulled wine at Christmas-time .

The bottle holds 750 mls
The wine is best served at between 15 and 16 degrees centigrade .

Thanks for reading
Copyright Eiley 2007 .

• bodsquidge published 03/06/2007
    I'm not a fan of red wine (shame on me as I live amidst the vine yards) but a GOOD red, is definately worth tasting.
  • Sgathach published 03/06/2007
    I always figured the dent is where you put your hand when you're drinking from the bottle. LOL. No really it is a lovely wine, one of my favourites.
  • chattell published 02/06/2007
    give me a bottle of white any day, cant stand the taste of red !