Jackson C. Frank - Jackson C. Frank

Jackson C. Frank - Jackson C. Frank

1 CD(s) - Folk - Label: Sanctuary - Distributor: Universal Music, PIAS UK/Arvato Services - Released: 01/08/2013 - 5050159136629

Review of "Jackson C. Frank - Jackson C. Frank"

published 13/04/2001 | Iggglybufff
Member since : 10/04/2001
Pro Mostly bouncy and energetic songs
Cons I did not think it was as good as other Steps albums
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics
How does it compare to the artist's other releases

"Buzz Like A Bee"

Steps released their 3rd album at Christmas 2000. It kicks off with a great start, Better The Devil You Know.

‘Better The devil You Know’ was quite fast and energetic with a quite bouncy rhythm.

Next was ‘Stomp’ which is every bodies favourite. Quite loud, strong and enthusiastic.

Then it’s ‘Summer Of Love’. Starts off with a fast and changing beat. It has a flowing rhythm.

After that, is ‘It’s The Way You Make Me Feel’ . Starts off slow, then gets up to moderate pace. Sounds as though the song is giving off an urgent message.

Then it’s ‘You’ll Be Sorry’. The song is very dramatic. Quite fast. The chorus gets faster and faster. The words are telling a story.

‘Learn To Love Again’ is a very depressing song which also tells a story. In the chorus is says “Learn to love again, though it’s hard I will believe”.

Then was ‘Never get Over You’. This is a song about breaking other peoples hearts and hard to do.

Next is ‘Hand On Your Heart’ which is very slow and relaxing. One of the verses says : “I still feel you holding me...” which tells us someone has gone away.

‘Happy Go Lucky’ has a very bouncy and strong beat rhythm. This song repeats itself over and over all the time which is a disappointment.

Then the song itself - ‘Buzzz’. Quite a nice song sung in a high tone. In this song the verses are all different lengths, one really short, which I find annoying.

‘Here And Now’ has a strong and steady beat. Nice song starting off with the chorus.

Then is ‘Paradise Lost’ which tells a story of life in the dessert or Eastern countries.

Then ‘Turn Around’. A song crying for help. Starts off with the words: “I lie awake in the dark of the night lost without you”. Good song.

Next up: ‘Wouldn’t Hurt So Bad’. A slow song about how someone feels about someone in their heart.

Then the finale ‘If You Believe’. A slow song with a hint of sadness in it. I think the last song should have been a more energetic one to finish off the album.

I have liked Steps all along from the start - their first album ‘Step One’. After that, ‘Steptacular’ and now this third album - ‘Buzz’. My fave song was ’Stomp’ but I got bored with it after a while, and now it is ’Better The Devil You Know’.

• rabbiter published 05/02/2006
    Speak for yourself Stomp is far from my favourite song lol!
  • Squidget published 17/06/2001
    Aren't they just fab I love them they are great and I hope you are going to manage and see them live later this year? Great op squidget :o)
  • loufenner published 21/05/2001
    I entered a competition last novemebr to meet and greet Steps (more for my daughter;-)..Well I won!! been a big fan since, they were brill in concert and so nice in person. Excellent op, keep it up. Louisa.

offers "Jackson C. Frank - Jackson C. Frank"