Jaguar S-Type 3.0

Jaguar S-Type 3.0

Jaguar present the S-TYPE 3.0 V6 Saloon with 5 Speed - (Man) / 6 Speed - (Auto), Rear (RWD) running on Unleaded Petrol

Review of "Jaguar S-Type 3.0"

published 05/02/2001 | Alan_Baker
Member since : 05/02/2001
Pro Looks
Cons Not as quiet as I had expected
Safety
Spaciousness
Road Handling
Customer service

"My life with the 'S' type"

I have owned my 3litre auto 'S' type since June 1999 and have covered over 40,000 miles. The car was supplied with most of the possible accessories (except satellite nav - far too expensive, and CAT suspension). The car was an early production model so (I suspect) suffered from some extra problems. Excessive road noise was cured by the fitting of a 'German Autobahn' sound deadening kit (free of charge) and made quite a difference.

Service costs have been kept to the Jaguar guarantee of £150 + vat (every 10,000). Fuel consumption on high speed motorway journeys can top 30mpg, but 26mpg is the average.

One amazing feature of the car is Jaguars ability to change the entire software when in for a service. The latest software upgrade (to cure a minor problem with the airconditioning) has had an unbelievable effect on the 0-60mph performance. Jaguar now let the car rev to over 7,000 rpm before changing gear, giving an even more exhilarating drive, and a extra 'buzz' from the exhaust !

The best accessories ? These have to be the rain sensing wipers, the auto-dimming rear view mirror, and the fantastic reverse park control.

The worst accessories ? The headlight washers, which are next to useless jets of water, and the roof bars (on a Jag ?) which are far too difficult to fit.

Some people don't like the look, I do and I have really enjoyed driving it. Would I buy another ? - probably not, my son says I have to have a Merc CLK convertible next - who am I to argue !

• Asvan published 29/05/2003
    Can you give more info like where you serviced? how is its brakes and accelerations... thanks
  • clanmac4 published 05/02/2001
    Oh man, not bad first op, more car info would have been better, the VH mark cos I could not take my eyes of the picture and the fact that if you live near me I can have a shot? eh ?
  • Gordy published 05/02/2001
    Looks like a lovely car to own, and interesting to note about the electronics, which now seams to effect all modern cars. Regards Gordy:)

Product Information : Jaguar S-Type 3.0

Jaguar S-Type 3.0 - review and opinion - My life with the 'S' type

Alan_Bake... 5

Alan_Baker

Member since:05.02.2001

My life with the 'S' type

05.02.2001

Advantages:
Looks

Disadvantages:
Not as quiet as I had expected

Road Handling

and a further member
  1. zoe_page
somewhat helpful by (17%):
  1. Asvan

Service costs have been kept to the Jaguar guarantee of 150 + vat (every 10,000). Fuel consumption on high speed motorway journeys can top 30mpg, but 26mpg is the average.

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

Asvan 29.05.2003 20:02