Jamie Oliver Denim Apron

Jamie Oliver Denim Apron

Review of "Jamie Oliver Denim Apron"

published 29/04/2012 | vialdana
Member since : 18/06/2002
Trying to read & rate more, but the fibro still gets in the way. I write when I can and read/rate when I am able. This means sometimes I throw lots on all at once, and then go quiet for days or weeks at a time.
Pro Large, sturdy, looks good, big pocket in a sensible place.
Cons RRP is about £20 (but if your lucky you can get it for less).

"A Denim Designed for the Kitchen"

I’m not the cleanest of people when I’m cooking. Spills happen, and I always have to have a cloth handy to wipe my fingers on. As you can probably imagine then, having an apron to wear is rather a useful thing for me, and I have several.

One of my favourites has to be my latest buy which was this Jamie Oliver Denim Apron. I gave a few hints around Christmas time, and then again around my birthday (March), but to no avail, so I gave up and bought this for myself at the end of last month, and I have to say I’m very glad I did.

I think the RRP on this is about £20 but I got mine off ebay for £12 delivered. It was still brand new and in its packaging so I think I got a pretty good price, although even if I had paid full price I don’t think I’d have felt disappointed by it. The packaging was quite simple clear plastic wrapping with a bit of cardboard in the front saying what it was and the brand etc. simple, but perfectly acceptable for what it was and nothing more would have been needed.

This is designed as a one size fits all apron, and for a change it actually is big enough to fit most people I’d say. It certainly fits me and I’m not exactly a skinny gal! It’s a decent length – 100cm and nice and wide at 72cm – obviously it’s narrower across the very top bit, but one does sort of expect that eh! I love that it’s so wide, it means that it really does cover well which means that I can shove it on over whatever I’m wearing and not worry about whether it’s going to cover everything. Also the ties are quite long too which means that when I tie it round me I’m not fussing with silly short ties that only just reach or that I can’t do a decent bow with behind me – if you were a skinny person you could probably even wrap these round and tie them at the front if you wanted to I guess though that would drive me up the wall because I’d find them getting in the way.

The denim on this is really good quality, it’s made from is thick without being too stiff if you get my drift. It moves as easily as a thin cotton one would and isn’t stiff to move in, but if I’m doing something like jam making or stoning cherries or something else really messy I don’t have to worry about any drips sinking through the material and getting on my clothes either.

I think for me personally, it’s great to have a pocket in a useful place. Many aprons seem to put the pockets either at the side where they’re not really very useful, or up high on the bib bit of the apron which means that if you’re busty like I am then they’re not exactly very useful. The pocket on this is fab, it’s in a sensible place, and at a good angle for putting your hands into it. (There’s a diagonal opening at each side at the top of the pocket).

Overall, I’m very happy with my purchase. It’s well designed, well made and a very useful item. It’s washed well (I just bung it in the washing machine along with jeans etc.) so far, and I’d expect it to wear in a similar way to jeans too being made of denim. It’s not often I go for a celebrity branded item like this, but I have to say on this occasion I’m very glad I did.

• Nar2 published 29/04/2012
    Good review. Sadly I'm hopeless with Aprons of the cloth variety. Unless it's covered in PVC plastic, I tend to get the cloths badly stained and no matter what detergent I use, they seldom come up looking new again.

offers "Jamie Oliver Denim Apron"