vialdana 4

vialdana

About me: Trying to read & rate more, but the fibro still gets in the way. I write when I can and read/rate when I am able. This means sometimes I throw lots on all at once, and then go quiet for days or weeks at a time.

Member since:18.06.2002

A Denim Designed for the Kitchen

29.04.2012

Advantages:
Large, sturdy, looks good, big pocket in a sensible place .

Disadvantages:
RRP is about £20 (but if your lucky you can get it for less) .

19 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Amy69
  2. cath_del
  3. Graygirl

Iím not the cleanest of people when Iím cooking. Spills happen, and I always have to have a cloth handy to wipe my fingers on. As you can probably imagine then, having an apron to wear is rather a useful thing for me, and I have several.

One of my favourites has to be my latest buy which was this Jamie Oliver Denim Apron. I gave a few hints around Christmas time, and then again around my birthday (March), but to no avail, so I gave up and bought this for myself at the end of last month, and I have to say Iím very glad I did.

I think the RRP on this is about £20 but I got mine off ebay for £12 delivered. It was still brand new and in its packaging so I think I got a pretty good price, although even if I had paid full price I donít think Iíd have felt disappointed by it. The packaging was quite simple clear plastic wrapping with a bit of cardboard in the front saying what it was and the brand etc. simple, but perfectly acceptable for what it was and nothing more would have been needed.

This is designed as a one size fits all apron, and for a change it actually is big enough to fit most people Iíd say. It certainly fits me and Iím not exactly a skinny gal! Itís a decent length Ė 100cm and nice and wide at 72cm Ė obviously itís narrower across the very top bit, but one does sort of expect that eh! I love that itís so wide, it means that it really does cover well which means that I can shove it on over whatever Iím wearing and not worry about whether itís going to cover everything. Also the ties are quite long too which means that when I tie it round me Iím not fussing with silly short ties that only just reach or that I canít do a decent bow with behind me Ė if you were a skinny person you could probably even wrap these round and tie them at the front if you wanted to I guess though that would drive me up the wall because Iíd find them getting in the way.

The denim on this is really good quality, itís made from is thick without being too stiff if you get my drift. It moves as easily as a thin cotton one would and isnít stiff to move in, but if Iím doing something like jam making or stoning cherries or something else really messy I donít have to worry about any drips sinking through the material and getting on my clothes either.

I think for me personally, itís great to have a pocket in a useful place. Many aprons seem to put the pockets either at the side where theyíre not really very useful, or up high on the bib bit of the apron which means that if youíre busty like I am then theyíre not exactly very useful. The pocket on this is fab, itís in a sensible place, and at a good angle for putting your hands into it. (Thereís a diagonal opening at each side at the top of the pocket).

Overall, Iím very happy with my purchase. Itís well designed, well made and a very useful item. Itís washed well (I just bung it in the washing machine along with jeans etc.) so far, and Iíd expect it to wear in a similar way to jeans too being made of denim. Itís not often I go for a celebrity branded item like this, but I have to say on this occasion Iím very glad I did.

Write your own review Write a review and you will earn 1p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful. Write a review and you will earn 1p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful.   Report a problem with this reviewís content

Nar2 29.04.2012 20:18

Good review. Sadly I'm hopeless with Aprons of the cloth variety. Unless it's covered in PVC plastic, I tend to get the cloths badly stained and no matter what detergent I use, they seldom come up looking new again.