Review of "Jane Powertwin Dual Traveller"

published 17/02/2009 | mumsie79
Member since : 16/02/2009
Satisfactory
Pro For two kids, comfy tyres
Cons everything else about it
Storage
Ease of cleaning
Safety
Age Group

"What do you expect from a twin buggy?"

I bought this when I was pregnant with my 3rd child, and my 2nd was going to be 18mths when 3rd baby arrived so decided after much deliberation that a double buggy would be what was needed.

I spent ages looking on the internet and in baby shops looking for the right one but didn't actually find one that met my expectations, they were either cheap and nasty looking or similar to this one. I saw one on two left feet on offer at £440 for this buggy, car seat, two foot muffs, changing bag and rain cover, so considering they were selling for around £600 I thought it was a bargain and bought it.

When it arrived and hubby put it all together it looked really nice, so i left it at that until baby no.3 was born. It was a different story when I began using it. It took a bit of getting used to the 3 wheels, felt good at first. Tried putting it in our car and it didn't fit ( we have a audi a4 saloon) so i was disappointed and frustrated. I ended up actually buying a 7 seater so it would fit in the boot, otherwise I would have to practically dismantle it to go anywhere in the car with it.

The car seat for it clicks on and off it which is good, it fits on the back of it, however not so good if your toddler is in the front seat as her seat had to be pushed right forward when the car seat was on it, she was nearly tipping over so you can guess we didn't use this feature of it. The car seat was a right pain trying to get it in and out of the car anyway so we ended up just leaving it in the car all the time anyway. By this time I was well frustrated with the damn thing!

The buggy is not so good when you are going up or down steps as it has a tendency to tip over on one side, not so good for the kids and not very safe. It can also be heavy to push and difficult to manouevre as the kids get bigger which poses a problem when you are in shops not designed for big buggies, which is most of them.

Its fiddly and takes a lot of getting used to folding the thing down even though it doesn't actually fold very much, and is heavy to take in and out of a car.
Also the hoods are a pain and so is the raincover. Can you tell that I am not happy with this? But what are the alternatives, there are not much out there, but if you can find one, get it and avoid this, its just not worth all the money.

• redeyes22 published 17/02/2009