Review of "Japan Airlines - JAL"

published 02/08/2000 | SuzanneU
Member since : 26/07/2000
Satisfactory
Pro Cheap
Cons Airplane food

"Cheap & nasty"

I decided to travel to Australia last year on a very tight budget, so I booked my flights through one of those travel companies advertised in Sunday newspapaers. My flight cost me just over £500, which was great, but the flights themselves were not so great.

There was not much leg more and the seats were very narrow. For a long legged European this made for a very long, uncomfortable flight, although on 2 of the 4 flights I did have a row of seat to myself which I made use of.

I had ordered Westerian food, as I don't eat fish. When I got on board the first flight, the western dish was fish!! I had to eat the Japanese dish, which made me violently ill.

On the flight back to London from Japan, again I had ordered Western food. There were only about 100 people on the Jumbo jst back, but by the time I was served my dinner, they had run out of Western food. I wasn't offered any alternative, and I sat starving on the plane home. Burger King never seemed so good when I arrived in Heathrow.

I wouldn't travel with JAL ever again, although it has not dampened my enthusiasm for Australia, so I will be going with a more upmarket airline the next time!