Review of "Japan Airlines - JAL"

published 28/06/2000 | moraghewat
Member since : 12/06/2000
Pro very good service
Cons not great choice of films

"Excellent"

I was lucky enough to travel business class to Osaka with Japan Air Lines last year and their service cannot be faulted. All business class passengers are offered a "menu" of services from which you can choose two options. They offer things like hotel discount in japan, vouchers for rail travel, extra points on the frequent flyer programme and chauffeur transfer. I went for the chauffeur transfer and a car and driver arrived at my home, transported me straight to the check in at terminal 4 with the minimum of fuss. All the check in staff were polite and courteous. The place was modern, with the latest in flight entertainment systems. There is a choise of Japanese or Western food, both of which are excellent and well presented. The flight attendants are attentive but not overly so - they will leave you alone if you don't want to be bothered. The only bad thing was the safety briefing - the tape had been very badly dubbed into English which made it good for a laugh but not particularly informative. If I could afford it, I would definitely go JAL business class again, if only for the amazing electronic toilets in the special lounge at Narita airport!