Review of "Jelly Belly Bean Air Freshener"

published 09/01/2013 | ask_eve
Member since : 12/12/2012
I write reviews about allsorts and try to return all rates. My reviews can also be found on dooyoo under the same username :)
Pro Smells heavenly for a short while, lovely design, durable
Cons Smell doesn't last long
Performance
Ease of Use

"Jelly Smelly"

I kept seeing these air fresheners in peoples cars but hadn't seen them in the shops so when I saw one in Asda for £3 I bought one straight away. I bought the pink coloured one which is meant to be a tutti frutti smell.

The air fresheners are a jelly bean shape and quite flat. They feel like thick rubber so you can bend them and it has 'Jelly Belly' written on it in big white letters. It's a really nice, bright pink colour too so definitely one to buy for the more girly girls. They come in decorated cardboard packaging which you can pull of easily revealing the air freshener and plastic hook to put it on your rear view mirror.

When I opened it the smell hit me straight away. It smelt really nice and sweet. I took it out of the packaging and hooked it onto the rear view mirror easily with the flexible plastic hook. I don't smoke in my car and nobody else does either so the air freshener is just used to provide a pleasent smell rather than mask any odours. The jelly bean itself is really bendy and quite flexible. It's also wipe clean, so if you were to drop it on the floor or out the car, it wouldn't get ruined unlike the cardboard ones.

These air fresheners come in a variety of colours, including orange, blue, red and green. They're all different smells so it'd be quite nice to try a different one your other one has run out.

I noticed the smell the first time I got in the car after putting the air freshener up but I couldn't really smell it after I'd been in the car for a while. I think this is just because you get used to the smell though. If I picked someone up or someone leaned into the car to talk to me, they'd comment on the nice smell and my Granddaughter loved the jelly bean design. It's nice and slightly more fun to look at than a cardboard cutout of a tree, it's something a bit more fresh and unusual which is nice.

I like this air freshener a lot. Unfortunately, I don't think the smell lasts very long at all. I've had mine for about three months now and the smell had completely gone after about a month. I've kept mine in the car as a decoration until I buy a new one because I still think it looks really nice.

Overall, this air freshener smells beautiful and it's a nice quirky design to have in the car and they've done a nice variety of colours to suit different people. I do think they are quite expensive really, they're £1.98 in Asda now which is less than what I paid a while ago but still more expensive than some of the other designs. I'm sure if you wait they'll go on offer though!! Definitely have a smell even if you don't try one as they smell divine.

• Alyson29 published 13/01/2013
    I've never tried these :o)
  • Viborg published 10/01/2013
    Some have such a synthetic, chemical smell, but this sounds nice x