Review of "Jelly Belly Bean Air Freshener"

published 09/03/2013 | lj1989
Member since : 01/03/2010
I'm back once more. Life is completely different for me now! More updates to follow :)
Pro Strong scent, looks good
Cons None
Performance
Ease of Use

"Tangy Tangerine!"

I first came across these Jelly Belly air fresheners for the car about 3 years ago now. They come in a variety of colours and scents including Bubblegum, Tutti Fruiti, Tangerine, Blueberry and Cherry. They also come in two different shapes - you can either get the soft plastic 3D ones as shown above or you can get 2D card ones. I always go for the 3D ones because they have a much stronger scent.

This fragrance was the first fragrance I tried from the range and it remains a favourite of mine so I would definitely say that this one is my most regular purchase. Prices for these vary but they can usually be found at about the £2.50 - £3.00 mark. I usually buy mine in Tesco or on ebay but the last one I got from a local independent car shop.

The air freshener looks exactly the same as shown above. It is housed in some cardboard and I like the design. The air freshener itself is encased in some thin clear plastic and you are given a small clear plastic hook to help you to hang your freshener.

Of course, although these are designed for use in the car you dont necessarily have to use them in the car. However, I always do and I usually use the hook to hang the air freshener from somewhere in my car - maybe the mirror or on of the handles above the doors. There is no way to sort of ease the scent into your car like you do with the Magic Tree fresheners and instead you take this straight out of the packet and use it straight away.

The air freshener looks like a jelly bean. It does have the distinctive shape of the Jelly Belly beans and it is brightly coloured. The air freshener is around 8cm tall at its tallest point and around 4 or 5cm wide. It has a maximum depth of around 1cm so it is quite 3D. It has Jelly Belly branding on the front in white which looks good.

As soon as you get this out of the packet you are hit with a very strong scent. Of course, this is the tangerine version so you get a beautiful fruity and fresh fragrance that has a strong citrus feel to it and it is very appealing. It is a strong scent but not at all overbearing and instead I find myself really enjoying the scent.

The scent is lovely and it does provide a lovely fragrance in your car. I have used these to get rid of smells in the past such as fast food and this is really effective to get rid of the nasty odours but I do also buy these just to freshen the air up.

The scent remains strong for a couple of weeks and it can still be detected around a month later but it has dulled down by then. To keep the scent strong and to keep your car smelling super fresh I would say you need a new one of these every month or so.

I have tried others from the range and most recently a friend bought me the Tutti Fruiti version which is a nice scent and I do really like it but I think that this tangerine scent is going to remain as my favourite because I love the strong citrus smell and I feel that it lasts for a good amount of time and looks good too. I have tried numerous different brands before but I always return to Jelly Belly.

• RICHADA published 11/03/2013
    Not in my car you don't! R.