Review of "Jelly Belly Bean Air Freshener"

published 18/03/2013 | katykicker
Member since : 11/12/2005
Back writing & RATING! If you would like to be added to my COT please do let me know :) No need to thank me for E's unless you fancy a chat :)
Pro Smell lovely, lots of variety, reasonably priced, long lasting and not overpowering.
Cons Packaging is a little difficult to open.
Performance
Ease of Use

"My car smells delicious thanks to these air fresheners!"

Last year I got my first ever car. This was obviously something of a special achievement for me after years of declaring that I would never have a car or drive. I got lots of cards from my family and friends when I passed my test as well as some little bits and bobs for my new car including seat covers, a steering wheel cover, some fluffy dice and some air fresheners.

I received a small selection of Jelly Belly air fresheners which I have gradually been working through over the last six months or so. Now I didn't obviously pay for any of these myself but I can see them on Amazon ranging from about £2 upwards which seems like a fair enough price.

When it comes to using these bean shaped air fresheners I find that the packaging is really simple to use. I just rip the cardboard open and then there is a little folded tab on the plastic packaging that I just undo and lift open to remove the air freshener.

When I hang up these air fresheners they have a string loop that is fixed in to the top of the air freshener and this makes it simple for me to loop this around my rear view mirror and then move it so that it is hanging behind the mirror not obscuring its view. It takes me just a few seconds to hang one of these up which is always good.

The smell of these air fresheners is noticeable as soon as they are opened and of course once my car has been closed up overnight they are even more noticeable. The air freshener scents that I have used in my car so far include very cherry, blueberry and tutti frutti. I believe that there are at least three or four other scents available too. I find that the scents are all quite light really in terms of being over powering but the smells are all long lasting too. There hasn't been a scent yet that I haven't enjoyed and the blueberry scented one has been my favourite. I love how when I open the door to my car that it smells fruity and quite fresh inside. I can be quite fussy with fruity fragrances but I did not find any of the scents I have tried so far to be overpowering either when opening the car door or when driving in my car with the windows done up. I have found, in my experience, that these air fresheners last around 8 to 10 weeks before I stop noticing the smell. This is much longer than the other air freshener that I have used in my car too so far which is fantastic.

The air fresheners that I have been using are the 2D card based ones and these smell lovely. I am yet to try the 3D version but I believe that they come in the same scents also and I'm confident they would be nice too. I like that I can coordinate an air freshener to my little blue car if I want to as things like that please me.

In all it is fair to say that I am pleased with the quality of these air fresheners. I like the scents, of the ones I've tried so far, and the price isn't prohibitive for the length of time that the scent lasts for. I feel that around 10 weeks is a very reasonable time for an air freshener, particularly as the car is used every single day, sometimes more than once, and I sometimes have the windows open for the entire journey. I am rating these air fresheners 5 out of 5 stars and I feel that it is obvious why from my review. I love the smell of them and I will definitely use these again in the future, even if I have to pay for them myself this time!

• Nar2 published 18/03/2013
    Well said! Ive bought these on occasion for friends who are fans of the scented candles (as well as the cherry one for me!) They do a lime one which is also equally lovely too! Much prefer having a jelly bean air freshener in the car to a Yankee Candle card tab though - much more modern looking and less offensive.