Jenga

Board Game - Family Board Game

Review of "Jenga"

published 05/12/2011 | RosesAreRed1207
Member since : 11/05/2011
Back from holiday with a new username to match my blog, check it out!
Pro easy to play
Cons boring set up
Playability & Enjoyment
Design & Presentation

"Jeeennnnggggaaa!"

I have been playing Jenga for a number of years and find it a very entertaining game. It is easy to understand, involves skill, determination and not giving up under pressure! I have had my Jenga set for over 20 years, as the blocks are made of wood; they are long lasting and durable. This is game that will last you a lifetime.

Price and availability

You can buy the game of Jenga for around £7.99 from toy shops, online stockists and supermarkets.

Set up and the concept of the game

To set the game up, arrange the wooden blocks into rows of three and then balance the three on top of each other, rotating them as you place them on so the first three lay length ways and the next set lay across them. This brings stability to the tower, the tower should be straight and sturdy; no leaning towers of Pisa or the game will be over too quickly!
To play the game, you can have as many players as you like, probably no more than 7 though. You then need to take it in turns to remove a block (using only one hand) and place it on of the tower forming new rows of three as you go up. The tower gets taller with various gaps forming in the middle. You will find the tower swaying as you poke and prod bricks trying to get them loose. The loser of the game is the one who knocks the tower over! JENGAAAAAAA!
In my house, the loser also has to set the tower back up for the next game.

Worth buying?

This is a simple game and can be over so quickly if you are playing with someone rather clumsy like me! It is quite thrilling and exciting and involves a bit of skill. Children love it as well as adults and it is very entertaining watching people concentrating taking blocks out and their relief when they place it on the top without it falling! I am a tongue sticker outer when I play which is amusing but it certainly helps me in having a steady hand! There is a bit of skill in selecting the blocks and I will not spoil your fun by giving away my game plan!

The box for the game is small and is the size of the tower so it is easy to store without taking up too much room. Like I stated earlier, the game will last you such a long time. My set it really old and still in great condition! Some of the wooden blocks are slightly chipped or dented from continually falling over and knocking into stuff but this adds character.
If you do not own this game then you should definitely consider buying it!

• mozzie76 published 05/12/2011
    I really enjoy playing jenga.
  • moistbabe published 05/12/2011
    My kids used to have this but I got so fed up of the blocks being all over the carpet that it went in the skip! (Shame on me!)
  • chrisandmark_is_here published 05/12/2011
    I can't stand the clatter of them falling! x

offers "Jenga"