Jeremy Kyle

Review of "Jeremy Kyle"

published 04/06/2010 | chantalreannex
Member since : 30/05/2010
Pro None I can think of
Cons full of losers and the biggest loser is the host
How good is the content?
How good are the presenters?
How does it compare to similar programmes?
How do you rate the guests?
How do you rate the overall style and design?

"The scumbag show"

The Jeremy Kyle show was first aired in 2005 and is an on-going series. It shows on ITV at 9:25am on weekdays, as soon as you see the egotistic slimeball and his toothless guests you are left wondering ''why did I ever take the day off work today?''.

The main purpose of this talk show is to help people resolve their issues, usually the guests are worried about a loved ones out of control temper, drug addiction, alcohol addiction, etc. or they are suspicious of their partner cheating on them which usually results in taking a lie detector which is only 96% accurate. Or if a father is concerned he's not really the father of his partners baby then a DNA test can be taken, after a blood boiling argument of course. In the hour long show we will see around four different scenarios. They will sit in the centre stage in front of Jeremys studio audience, talk about their problems and their own point of view on things, usually their opinions are laughable and Jeremy will start shouting and patronising them to see sense, I personally think he likes the sound of his voice far too much and loves to belittle people. They guests are offered help backstage at the end of the show and can have a chat with psychotherapist Graham Stanier.

Personally I find this show vulgar and depressing. It's one of them shows where if you've seen one you've seen them all, it's the same format everytime. The guests are wifebeating scumbags who have a brain the size of a pea. They obviously have no dignity to go on tv and air their problems, also 90% of them are dressed in scruffy trackies with greasy hair which makes me wonder if it's fixed. I have never met anyone like the guests on Jeremy Kyle, and I don't think I'd want to. I find it depressing rather than funny, I suppose the first show you watch could be entertaining but then it turns into a repeat, each show you will find dim good for nothing chavs that often get into scraps and then Jeremy trying to tame them, you can almost see his spit as he shouts, like a schoolteacher.

I see no point in this show at all, and I am gobsmacked that people would watch this show for entertainment. Who wants to see dull hoodrats tell the world about their drug problems, I am just not interested and they should seek help the proper way instead of aiming for their only 5 minutes of fame. Jeremy tries to all big and mighty and thinks of himself as some kind of legend when in reality he is more of a scumbag deep down then half the people on the show as you may tell I have quite a vendetta over it.

They sometimes have celebrity specials, the cast from corronation street done a sketch similar to the soap which I find more watchable, otherwise I don't watch this show at all because I find the concept sickening.

Overall this is a show to be watched maybe once and then give the rest a miss.

Also posted on dooyoo under the username Channyfannyx

• MrBrightside1987 published 02/12/2010
    Spot on with your review :D x
  • Novabug published 13/11/2010
    I actually kind of like him, he tells them what we would want to say. Yeah, he is a bit of a big head though, but worse than the guests? No way! It's amazing some of them can even find their way to the studio! Nice write up. :)
  • hayleigh_18 published 13/07/2010
    Very thorough review! I have been in the audience as tickets are free and I'd never been part of an audience before but the show I seen was nowhere near as bad as how some people think it is through watching it on TV! As for vickymasons comment, it gets air time the decent lot of us are working and the jobless lot are at home, just crawling out of bed to watch it, which they can afford to do because of the benefit system.

Product Information : Jeremy Kyle