Jessica Nails Polish Remover

This gentle, non-oily formula with a light, fresh fragrance, is specially formulated to be safe and fast acting on all types of nails.

Review of "Jessica Nails Polish Remover"

published 13/08/2017 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro works quick
Cons price
Performance
Harshness to Skin

"Quality removal from Jessica"

Jessica Nails Polish Remover

I like to paint my nails around once a week (sometimes twice if the manicure does not last) and as such, I do get through a lot of nail polish remover. I have bought many different brands of remover and find the cheaper ones can seem a bit watered down which is a false economy really as it also means you get through more cotton pads as it takes more goes to remove nail polish.

First Impressions
This comes in a plastic bottle with a screw top lid and is a greenish yellow in colour. It has a silver foil seal upon first use to keep the product from evaporating. I got the smaller bottle which is 118ml but a bigger size was also available that worked out better value. As I was just trying it out I thought I'd get the small one first to see if it was any good. On the label on the front it promises that the product is a salon formula, non smear and non oily.

In use
It was time to remove the toe nail polish, a job which I dread as it's usually well baked on having stayed on far too long. One swipe and it was gone. I could hardly believe it! Just a dab on the cotton pad and no scrubbing required. It has really opened my eyes to top quality polish and what an easy job it makes of removal.

Price and availability
This is not a cheap nail polish remover, it's a salon brand, that's probably why. The price seems to be the same wherever you buy it, including in store at John Lewis. I bought mine off Amazon as I had a voucher to use up and I paid £7.25 for 118 ml and the bigger version at 454ml was a more economical buy at £13.35 which I was tempted to buy but my bottle was bought to take on holiday so more of a travel size.

What they say
Nail Polish Remover from Jessica is a professional non-smear, non-oily, anti-fungal nail varnish remover especially formulated to be safe and effective on all types of nails.
•Very efficient nail polish remover
•Gentle to natural nails
•Acts fast and is non-oily
•Does not dry the cuticles

My thoughts
This is a great quality remover, if you can get excited about nail polish remover, then this one will get your pulse going! I have tried the cheapest removers at around a pound - usually from Boots or Superdrug then the mid priced ones at £3 from the supermarket branded Sally Hansen and I was curious about the salon branded ones like Jessica so I am really glad I got to try it.

Final word
I will buy this again in the full size, it is well worth the spend and does not feel too harsh on the natural nail. It is good that it is anti fungal but this particular issue does not really bother me as I don't tend to share my polishes (they are far too precious!)... I was very impressed with this and have found that it goes a lot further than the cheaper stuff with less scrubbing. I have yet to test it with the worst polish, glitter as I am not wearing these at the moment but come Christmas time I am sure they will get a go with this remover.

• euphie published 18/08/2017