Jif Lemon Juice

Jif Lemon Juice

Review of "Jif Lemon Juice"

published 14/12/2010 | bluebell190
Member since : 09/10/2010
Pro Great to stop fruit turing brown in fruit salads
Cons None!
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"Jif Lemon Juice"

We always have a bottle of this jif lemon juice in our cupboards. My boyfriend likes to take a fruit salad to work with him everyday as he is on a diet and trying to be more healthy. He has always hated the fact that if he makes the fruit salad the night before, or even in the morning before work, the apple, pear and banana always goes brown!

He looked up a solution to this problem and was recommended to pour a bit of lemon juice over the fruit and this would stop it going brown! I can tell you that this deffinately works! After making the fruit salad we just sprinkle a small amount of lemon juice over all the fruit, and he no longer has horrible tasting brown apples!

I was worried this would make the fruit taste of lemons, but it doesnt, unless you put too much in and end of with a pool of lemon juice at the bottom of your tub, you wouldnt even know that lemon juice had been poured on it!

Other uses for this lemon juice are for pancakes. My boyfriend loves this lemon juice on his pancakes, and i do also like to use this lemon juice for cleaning! I got lots of tips from kim and aggie after watching how clean is you house?

To clean your mircrowave with this lemon juice you just add four teaspoons to a bowl full of boiling water. Put this bowl in the microwave and heat for 5 minutes. You wipe your microwave clean after doing this, and is comes up so squeaky clean, and smells lovely.

You can also use lemon juice to sooth colds. You just add lemon juice, honey and hot water to a mug and drink, i dont particularly like this drink, and cant drink it myself but it supposed to work if you can drink it!

This lemon juice has so many uses, im not going to list them all on here, but it is just so useful to have a bottle in the cupboard! I buy this bottle for roughly 66p in the supermarkets, sometimes asda has an offer on them, 2 bottles for £1 which is a bargain. The lemon juice comes in a 250ml glass bottle, and it is easy to pour. A generous amount comes out easily when you pour it, not too much, and you dont have to really shake the bottle to get it out.

There is 6 months date on these bottles of lemon juice, we go through a bottle a month so this is more than enough! Once you have opened the bottle, you are supposed to refridgerate it, but we never do. We keep it in the cupboard and it doesnt go funny, it is fine.

A 15ml serving of this lemon juice only has 4 calories! So it is a nice healthy treat for pancakes!

This bottle of lemon juice is highly recommended, i wouldnt be without a bottle in my cupboard!

• jjcross published 21/01/2011
    I wish the pancakes were 4 calories too!!!!
  • Loubenet published 19/12/2010
    Aaaaah pancakes and lemon. A match made in heaven. Ugh, now I really crave pancakes. Sod christmas dinner, I want pancakes sprinkled with lemon and sugar.
  • AnneLorraine1 published 14/12/2010
    sugar and lemon...my favourite for pancakes!