Jif Lemon Juice

Jif Lemon Juice

Review of "Jif Lemon Juice"

published 07/05/2012 | kama0529
Member since : 03/10/2005
I'm here to review products in as honest a way as possible. I will rate any product by those who rate me. If I miss you then just let me know :)
Pro Cheap. Convenient. Tastes like freshly squeezed lemons.
Cons None.
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"Sour face."

Jiff Lemon Juice is just one of those things that you absolutely have to have in your fridge because it's just a staple ingredient that can be used so much in cooking and in drinks. I'm never really without a bottle and although I only add a splash here and there, it does make all the difference. It may be a little cliche but I do feel that it's absolutely best use is on freshly made pancakes with a little sugar, but it's also good to add a splash in a glass of Coke or even to add a dash to a chicken casserole. A bottle, which contains 250mls is fairly cheap, and I recently bought a bottle from my local garage (it can be bought anywhere!) for just 73p - and it will last me at least a month, if not longer.

The Jiff comes in a free glass bottle and it has a cap with can be twisted off. It has a stopper with a whole in the top of the bottle and so it's possible to only put splashes of the lemon onto / into things and there isn't any chance of accidentally putting too much in. It has a very sour taste, as you would expect from lemon, but I really can't tell the difference between this and freshly squeezed lemons - except you're guaranteed not to get any pips in this. It's a smooth texture without any bits in it which I guess gives away the fact that it's not authentic freshly squeezed lemons, but to me the taste is the same.

Overall, I would recommend this product just to have in the fridge so it's there when you need it. It's much more convenient than squeezing lemons and makes much less mess!