Mickie26 5

Mickie26

About me: Is it just me or has Ciao lost the community feel it used to have?

Member since:11.01.2003

Honestly Jimmy Wayne

04.03.2005

Advantages:
Great singer, very emotional, very powerful .

Disadvantages:
May be too emotional for some

Originality

Lyrics

Quality and consistency of tracks

Cover / Inlay Design and Content

How does it compare to the artist's other releasesOutstanding

How does it rate alongside the competitionOutstanding

22 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Expired-Account
  2. stepho222
  3. ElizaF
  1. Soho_Black
  2. Ryan74
  3. TheChocolateLady
and a further member

I have been into Country music for as long as I can remember. Country music makes me feel good inside especially when I am listening to the type of Country I like. Finding the Country music I like can often be a chore considering so many artists in Country sing the same type of song. When looking for good Country music I look for originality, inspiration and real feelings.

Some Country music is monotonous and not very original. I don't know why this is I suppose it's the same with any type of music really. However, there is some Country music that just hits you in the soul and moves you into feeling a varied array of emotions.

Jimmy Wayne is one of these Country singers that hits you in the soul. Jimmy Wayne has quite a deep voice and he sings from the heart. He writes a lot of his own music and is very talented.

Jimmy Wayne quoted this about himself;

“My responsibility in the past, when I was sleeping outside every night, was just to survive.
My responsibility now is to stay real, stay grounded, and just tell the truth.”

— Jimmy Wayne

Jimmy Wayne was born Oct. 23, 1972, in Cleveland County, N.C. His life has not been easy and he puts a lot of these emotions into his singing.

Jimmy Wayne is an inspirational singer he finds things that he feels strongly about or that move him in some way. From where he has come from he has definitely moved far and is one of my favourite Country singers.

The songs on the album, Jimmy Wayne are as follows;

1 After You
2 Are You Ever Gonna to Love Me?
3 Stay Gone
9 Blue and Brown
10 I Love You This Much
11 You're The One I'm Talking To
12 The Rabbit

Now I'm going to tell you a little about 3 of the songs on this album. I could have chosen to write about all 12, but I think I will leave you with anticipation and hopefully you will go on to purchase the album and discover yourself the power of Jimmy Wayne's voice. I certainly know I fell in love it.

Below is the chorus for After You:

[Chorus:]
'cause I’m not one bit closer to being over you
It's almost like the hands of time haven't moved
'cause everywhere I look I see your memory
Hanging round
They ought to name this town after you

I think we can see in this emotion and deep feeling. I think we can relate to this. From every song that Jimmy Wayne sings we can take something personal from it. That's because Jimmy Wayne sings of real emotions because he has been there. Every song Jimmy Wayne carries well his emotions under control he really involves himself 100% in them. I think it's great that through turmoil something positive can come out of it and that is what Jimmy Wayne has done with his songs.

Track 2 Are You Ever Gonna Love Me?

Chorus:]
Are you ever gonna need me baby
Like I need you?
Are you ever gonna want me baby
The way I want you to?
I know that you love me
Oh I know down deep you do
But are you ever gonna love me
The way I love you?

I never know how you feel
I can't read you mind
I just keep waiting
Am I just wasting time?

Here Jimmy Wayne looks at love. It is something that those of who have been in love before and wondered if it was reciprocated will be able to relate to. Looking at these words they are sad, yes they do speak of emotion. Real raw emotion. Jimmy Wayne puts his heart and soul into his singing.

Track 3 Stay Gone

[Chorus:]
Baby baby stay
Stay right where you are
I like it this way
It's good for my heart
I haven't felt like this
In God knows how long
I know everything's gonna be okay
If you just stay gone

I still love you and I will forever
We can't hide the truth
We know each other better
When we try to make it work
We both end up hurt
It ain't supposed to be that way

Again Jimmy Wayne looks at love. In his life he has known much sadness. All of Jimmy Wayne's songs tell a story. A lot of his songs reveal places where Jimmy has been in his life.

When we look at the type of songs Jimmy Wayne sings it is easy to see the emotion, but when actually listening these songs bring tears to your eyes plus the emotion he puts in them. The whole CD is absolutely touching. There is an honesty in all the songs that he sings an honesty that you can feel. The songs are melancholy and touching. Don't get me wrong there are a couple of fun songs on his album too. Namely "After You" and "Trespassin'". The album is a little ballad-heavy which makes the fun songs welcomed. I suppose it depends really if you want a good weep or a little reflection upon your past or if you would rather just listen to songs that you can dance to.

I do however feel that Jimmy Wayne has something to offer everybody. The originality of Jimmy Wayne's songs are classy mainly written by himself. The songs have great quality and clarity. Compared to other artists Jimmy Wayne is really in a league of his own. Your looking at about £15 to buy this album though you will probably find it cheaper at ebay or amazon. I would definitely recommend it. I feel it is great value for money.

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

Expired-Account 17.09.2008 14:44

Not something I would listen to, but a good review

stepho222 30.12.2005 16:53

i like country music and i will download some of hie music off the internet stephaniexx

ElizaF 14.04.2005 02:00

Personally I like both type sof music COUNTRY and WESTERN but I bet you have never heard that one before:) xx E.