Joebrowns.co.uk

Clothing & Accessories

Review of "Joebrowns.co.uk"

published 07/09/2011 | hollywoodmum
Member since : 24/09/2006
Pro Great unique range, always reduced item on site
Cons no kids range, small sizes, returns aren't free
Layout & Design
Navigation
Site content & information
Range of services/products
Prices

"I heart Joe Brown (whoever he is)"

Joe Browns first came to my attention when I was round at my mum's house and noticed a small catalogue on lying on her table along with loads of other mail order bunff. As a person who doesn't really like to follow the crowd yet doesn't really have a set style Ireally liked what I saw.
The clothes in the catalogue contained loads of styles that wouldn't be available on the high street combined with some average kind of styles.
The catalogue contained both men and womens clothing, plus a few gift ideas.
I decided to investigate further and check out their website.

What/who is Joe Brown?
To be honest I do not know the answer to that question. However what I do know is that the company doesn't just aim to offer unique clothing to it's customers but wants them to make a life style choice.
it's basically bringing unique and individual clothing to the masses.

The Site
The website is very simply laid out and therefore extremely easy to navigate. It's not overly colourful but has eye-catching graphics and pictures.
The pictures on the home page are normally of their best selling items.
The products on the site have been broken down into 5 categories; Women's Clothing, Men's Clothing, Women's Bargains, Men's Bargains, Gifts and Accessories and adventure.
If you know the code or product name of an item you'd like to look at you can type this in the search box at the top of the page.
Of course the main categories are broken down into small ones to narrow down your browsing and making products easier to find. You can then sort the order by cheapest, dearest, A to Z, most popular, etc.
The adventure category is basically shows adrenalin experiences and gift packages, such as; Sphering, Airkix, Tank battle paintballing, etc
All the boring stuff and small print, legal stuff, info on delivery, returns and can be found at the very bottom of the homepage, but it's all vary comprehensive and straightforward.
The home page also has a tab, which says "visit planet Joe". Here you can find out more about the company, read blogs by staff and customers, listen to music,watch videos, upload pics of you and your friends having fun, download wallpaper and even learn skills for life.

Ordering
Once you've decided on your purchases, ordering is easy. Click on the product, this will come up with what sizes are still in stock, click on the size you require to add it to your basket.
Once on your basket view, checkout is simple, but you do have to register to become a customer. This process takes 2 mins tops.
payment is secure and £4 is charged for delivery (except on vouchers which is £2).
They will deliver overseas but costs vary depending on where in the world.

Prices
The prices are the same as mid high street stores, such as Next rather than high end. everything is pretty reasonable and there is always a bargain to be had in their sales.

Returns & Exchanges
Customers returning items are able to obtain a full refund within 21 days of the company receiving the items back. Customers can request an exchange. Returns service is not free and customers will have to pay themselves to return an item. If you are exchanging an item you will not be charged twice for delivery. Exchanges and refunds can be organised on the site.

My Experience
Before I checked out the website my mum told me she had been using the company for a few years and that she had no major problems ordering, with quality or returns. However she did warn me that the sizes weren't too generous and even though she's a perfect size 10 in most shops she had to order a 12. I took heed when placing my first order. First off I ordered a pair of funky jeans and a top, I usually take a 14 jeans but went for the 16 instead and I also sized up on the top. My order took 2 days to arrive and although there is a tracking device on the website I didn't bother as they emailed me the day after my order to say it had been dispatched.
When they arrived I was really glad I sized up as they are actually a perfect fit and great quality too. They've washed really well. The only slight niggle I have with the jeans is the second time I wore them I got caught in a storm and when I took the wet jeans off my legs were blue and it took me a while to realize it was off the jeans and I had contracted some strange disease or very poor circulation.
Since then I've placed more orders and have been very satisfied and lucky that I haven't had to return any items.

Overall
I love the clothes, they stand out from the crowd yet are very stylish. The prices are reasonable and delivery is rapid.
However I do have a few gripes. No kids clothes, they need a kids clothes range. I have also found that sometimes they'll send me a catalogue and some of the gift and accessories in it won't be on the site.
if I had to return something I wouldn't be thrilled at paying to return it.
despite my gripes I would highly recommend Joe Brown's for something a little different from the norm and there are always bargains to be had on the site but take heed and size up.

• beautybabiex published 08/09/2011
    My auntie keeps pestering me to try this website out x
  • JOHNV published 08/09/2011
    I'd not heard of them before either. The only Joe Brown I know of is the lovable singer with the Cockney accent!
  • TheNuttyTart published 07/09/2011
    Not heard of Joe Brown's before, well reviewed :o)