Review of "John Frieda Sheer Blonde Shampoo"

published 23/06/2011 | baraka1969
Member since : 03/10/2010
I have 2 beautiful daughters & 2 pet rats . My reviews are to help people to not waste money on those hair & beauty products which just do not work & to praise those which do:-)
Pro Brightens dull highlights
Cons None
Does it smell good?

"Blonde again!"

This review is for John Frieda sheer blonde highlight activating moisterising shampoo for lighter shades of blonde.

A few months back I was looking at some old photos & noticed how much brighter my blonde highlights seemed to be & I tried to remember which shampoo I was using at this time. I finally remembered that it was the sheer blonde shampoo & I cant quite remember why I stopped using it.

I decided to invest in a new tube to see if it could bring my very dull, amber tinged highlights back to life. At £5.59 a tube from Boots this is not the cheapest of shampoos but it is available in a travel size for £1.99. I decided to buy the travel size just to see if it still worked for my hair.

The shampoo comes in a 250ml pale gold tube (travel size 50ml). The product itself is pearly white in colour, not too runny & has a citrus like fragrance. It claims to smooth hair as it gently removes darkening, dulling build-up revealing a full spectrum of blonde tones.Containing jojoba oil, sunflower oil & white tea it also adds moisture.

I used this with my normal conditioner & didnt really expect to see much of a result on first use. My highlights really were that dull & discoloured I thought I would need to use for a few weeks to see any improvements. I was however pleasantly surprised, after just the first wash my hair did appear much brighter, after my third use the amber tinge had totally disappeared & my highlights were the pale ash blonde they were when first highlighted.
This is a great shampoo which I now use to brighten my highlights when needed in between using my usual volumising shampoos. It also leaves the hair shiny & is not too drying. I still cant remember why I ever stopped using it :-/

• Elysia2003 published 23/06/2011
    I think I need to buy my daughter this. Thanks for your review.