Review of "John Lewis Bath Chair"

published 23/05/2005 | HeartOfGold
Member since : 10/02/2005
Pro Can be used from birth
Cons I cant think of one
Safety
Ease of cleaning

"John Lewis Baby Bath Seat."

Kane in his bath seat

Kane in his bath seat

John Lewis Baby Bath Seat.

I had been looking for a decent bath seat for my son when he was a new born. Being a first time mum I was extremely nervous about bathing him on my own. I coped for a while with the help of my mum, but I was in desperate need of a baby bath. I needed something light, easy to use and stable. After trying two bath seats which were a complete disaster, I found the answer to my prayers.

I came across the John Lewis bath seat on the internet, but wasn't sure about it as it didn't look very good. But, after reading the benefits, I changed my mind and bought it. I thought £11.99 was pretty good for a bath seat.

I wish I had found the seat earlier because Kane loves it. He likes the freedom of splashing with his hands and legs. He was in the seat at 6 weeks old, as I was going through a variety of seats before I found this one. Otherwise I'd have had him in it to begin with. I recommend it highly to anyone who is looking for a bath seat suitable from birth.

~~~~THE PRODUCT~~~~
The seat is very plain so there's not much to explain except that it's white, plastic and has two suckers on the bottom that apply the seat to the 'big bath'. It is suitable from birth, is set in a semi reclined position and baby fits into the moulded shape. The seat is non slip so baby can't fall out, and it gives you the benefit of having two hands free to play and bath baby. Because the seat is plastic, it is very easy to clean.

~~~PACKAGING~~~
As I ordered this off the internet, the seat came in a big cardboard box. It was full of long strips of plastic, sectioned into big air pockets. I figured this was so no damage would be done to the seat. There was also a small leaflet on the 'do's' and 'don'ts', such as 'don't leave baby unattended' and 'ensure the suckers are stuck properly' etc.

~~~KANES VERDICT~~~
He loves this seat. As soon as his nappy and his vest are off, and he sees his Garfield Towel, he starts to get excited. He flaps around like a lunatic and starts giggling like crazy. Once he's in the bath, his legs and arms start splashing straight away. And I end up looking like a drowned rat! :o)

I'm sure that the reason he loves bath time so much is because of this seat. He didn't enjoy it at all when I had the other brands.

Thanks for reading
HeartOfGold
xVx

• missixty published 14/06/2005
    Aw the pic is so cute!! He's gorgeous!!!
  • Averilla published 27/05/2005
    Aww that photo is adorable !! Av xx
  • debbie_marway published 25/05/2005
    Oh what a cute photo! I too used this on all my kids and it was the best investment I could make. Helped my back no end. The bath seat is in the loft just incase we ever get baby no 4! X