Review of "John Lewis Bath Chair"

published 30/07/2005 | smalamathura
Member since : 03/02/2003
Pro Simple to use, feeling of security especially as a first time mother
Cons if you have a larger baby, will not last until eight months as advised
Safety
Ease of cleaning

"Baby Bath Chair fun!"

This was one of the first purchases I made before my baby was born due to my nervousness about bathing a newborn. When he was three days old we tried him in it. I was initially very scared about this big plastic chair and my newborn but, after the initial screaming, he got comfortable. I recommend pouring some bath water on the chair just to warm it before putting the baby in, or having a warm flannel on the seat if they're really little.

He is now 20 weeks and a strapping baby, very long, and he loves the seat now splashing and kicking with ease. I feel very comfortable using it and I'd recommend a first time mum, who is apprehensive about handling a newborn baby, to buy one. Obviously, every baby is different but it gives you a sense of security that the baby is in a safe position as you bathe him. Also when you wash hair, you can easily shampoo as he sits in it then sponge the residue away, keeping it out of his eyes.

I also have a really small bathroom so I just got a self adhesive hook to hang it on over the bath, so it keeps it out of the way. Unfortunately, I think he'll grow out of it in the next four weeks but I'm going to keep it for the next one. Ace buy!

• MAFARRIMOND published 31/07/2005
    These are such a good idea for newborns. Maureen
  • The_Nursey published 30/07/2005
    I'd have been more scared of bathing my daughter in one of those then just holding on to her!