John Lewis Bath Chair

John Lewis Bath Chair

Baby Bath Seat

Review of "John Lewis Bath Chair"

published 17/02/2007 | bazzaoleary77
Member since : 13/10/2005
Pro Save's Buying Baby Bath
Cons None
Safety
Ease of cleaning

"Bubbles and Fun !!!"

Bathing a baby is something that over the years I have become an expert at and I have used many different bathing tool's from bathing baby in the sink to inflatable baby bath's but I have to say that far and away the best product I have ever used to help during bathtime is the Baby Chair from John Lewis. It makes bathtime so much easier and fun saving me lots of pain from bending myself in loads of different positions and allowing to properly clean baby.

I have used the John Lewis Bath Chair for two of my five babies and it is fantastic the shape is beautifully contoured for you babies body to slide onto and sit snuggly whilst you use both hands to clean and scrub as well as play. Although it is all plastic it doe's not allow your baby to slip as its design means baby is almost wedged in (Not the best way to describe it lol).
There is a slight bulge in the groin area of the seat to prevent downward slipping and the sides hug around baby making bathtime a much more pleasurable time for both the washer and the washed.

I also use the chair for baby massage its ideal just slide a towel over the chair and sit baby in then get some baby oil and rub away a great way of bonding with your little one, obviously no good for back massage but ideal for frontal and even just for playing and talking to baby. The chair is currently retailing in John Lewis for £12.95 a great price as I paid £24.99 a while back now. On a down side the chair only lasts up to about 8 months when you will probably benefit from using a full bath chair.

The chair is very easy to clean being plastic all you need is a damp cloth and some cleaner but being a bathtime chair it doesn't get very dirty in the first place. Both my two have found this chair very comfortable and it has really taken the stress out of bathtimes. I would say that you should never leave a baby unattended even in this chair and as a precaution I use a bath matt in the bath then place the chair on top. A slight design fault is that there are no decent grip pads on the underside to prevent slipping on the bath surface. The suck pads that are there I found weren't very effective and if left in the bath gather all sorts of grime around them don't really on the suction pads for absolute safety still take extreme care.

I hope that this review has helped you should you be considering buying the John Lewis bath chair and if you have any further questions regarding it just leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. These chairs are also available on the internet from different sources and I believe that you can pick them up on EBay but as to the quality compared to the John Lewis version I cannot say.

SPECS (Theres Not Many lol)
H50 x W25 x D23cm.
Suitable from birth to 8 months Height 70cm.
Weight 8kg.
Price £12.95

Thank you for taking the time to read my reviews and I always try to do the same in return.

Barry

• MissTopaz published 22/02/2007
    Hehe how fun to bathe a baby!
  • baalzamon published 19/02/2007
    Vrey handy, no doubt, but not something I'm liable to need any time soon! John
  • missy0303 published 19/02/2007
    This is perfect! My next door neighbours have just had a new baby boy on Saturday and I was stuck for an idea for a pressie! Might pop onto JL and order one! x