Review of "John Lewis Bath Chair"

published 19/01/2012 | Spottydog11
Member since : 07/09/2007
Reviews : 1977
Good
Pro Ergonomically designed
Cons I can do without it
Safety
Ease of cleaning

"Bath chair"

When you are first pregnant and you go shopping for everything you need for your new baby you tend to buy everything in sight or everything that the books/midwife/health/visitor/friends recommend and then after baby arrives you realise you can get by without it and never really needed it in the first place and found it a waste of money. Well, this bath chair definitely falls into that category for me.

When you first look at this chair it does seem like a really good invention and a really good idea. The bath is plastic and is ergonomically-designed so it supports and cradles your baby in a perfectly relaxed position, leaving your hands free to wash or play with baby. The bath is curved so when you sit your baby in it they are mostly sitting up although at a bit of an angle, almost like reclining in a chair. The bottom of the chair has suction cups on it so it will stick to the bottom of the bath which is good as this provides an extra bit of safety in my opinion as the chair will then not move and slip and possible make the baby fall out. You have to make sure that you put this bath chair in the bottom of the bath before you put the water in otherwise you will not get it to stick.

In the end we only used this chair once so maybe I didn't give it long enough. We used it when my daughter was first born so perhaps we needed to use it when she was a little bit older as I think she was a bit too small for it in the very beginning and wiggled about too much and almost slid out of it as it is made of quite a sloppy plastic when wet.

I think in principle this chair is good. However, I think you can wash your baby just as well without using this chair and its really something in my opinion that we didn't really need. I just fill my bath to quite a low level and then put my baby in so he can wiggle and splash around and I still have both hands free to wash him and don't have to worry about him being in a funny chair. If however you do think this is something for you you can buy this chair for £12 at John Lewis.

• catsholiday published 19/01/2012
    I had a blow up sort of bath that went in the normal bath and that was quite good..
  • Keelar published 19/01/2012
    I never bought anything like this and I'm glad I didn't!
  • m.azawi published 19/01/2012
    i've returned the rating thanks and great review. well done